Brocade Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Brocade Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Feb 26, 2017

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

After passing HR review on the phone, a phone interview is arranged between your manager/lead. Phone was covering basic but important concepts. It takes around 15-25min. After passing that, HR call you for an on site interview time. During onsite, I have been interviewed by the leads of multiple HW departments. The one that has knowledge in my area asked specific question but others mostly asked my motivation in that area and some analytic questions to understand how I approach daily issues. If you review the area the you will work and do your homework before you come, technical part should be very difficult.

Interview Questions

• What is the reason to use decoupling cap near ASICs, chips etc.?   Answer Question

Senior Manager, Advertising Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Process moved very quickly. Initial phone interview lasted about 25 minutes, then I was scheduled to meet with the Director of Adv/Media, Brand manager, and the Sr. Director within 4 days. Each interview lasted 45 minutes. Second round of interviews occurred 3 days later with the Mktg CMO and lasted 45 minutes. Campus is beautiful, people were very friendly and kind, organized, and interviews were insightful. Waiting for written offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Went over skill set, expectations, challenges within company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

has not occurred yet

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Responded to listing back in early June. Received automated thank you. Did not hear anything until July. Recruiter called to say liked my resume, set up call with hiring manager. Manager started off the conversation by letting me know why it was so long until they reached out. They had done full first round of interviews, but no ideal candidates came out of that, so they went back to resumes again - and I am first one they called out of that batch. I really appreciated knowing this off the bat. Going in for formal interviews.

Interview Questions

• Hiring Manager did most of the talking, so nothing too difficult yet   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview was for a developer position in the switch group. Contacted by internal recruiter. Initial phone screen with the hiring manager. Interview was non-technical, pretty straight forward, simple questions (what I did in my current job, what I know, what I want to do, etc). Was invited for a face-to-face interview at the company site. Interview questions consisted of protocol knowledge, and some c-interview questions (queues, locks, etc), not too difficult ones. As for the members of the team, I did not get a warm feeling from most of them, no "get to know you" talk, hardly any smiles, very dry and non-personal. Did not sense any excitement from them about their job or technology. Maybe because most of them has been there 8+ yrs.

I was told by the hiring manger she/Brocade would get back to me within a few days with a decision. Lets just say, I sent a few emails (to recruiter and hiring manger), left voice mails, finally heard back from them after three weeks. Status - the hiring manger is still looking at other candidates and would get back to me "soon" and thanked me for my patience. Btw, this is week four. :) I think I should take the hint by now. lol.

To recap, I was very disappointed with the whole interview process. Did not get opportunity to get to know member of team on a personal level.

Interview Questions

• Basic question about stacks, queues, multi-core programing, FC protocol basics (login related).   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

This was the worst interview experience I've ever had. While the staff was nice enough in person, scheduling the interview and the aftermath was extremely frustrating. It took months of follow-up to finally get the interview after the initial phone screening. A lot of it stemmed from the hiring manager taking his sweet time about finally scheduling a date for me to come in a meet the team. I had considered the lead dead after they hadn't returned my calls (or emails) for over a month when a second recruiter called me and asked me to finally come in for my interview. It lasted for 2 hours and I met with 3 out of 4 team members who I was scheduled to talk with. The 4th person didn't even bother to show up, nor let the other team members know that. The interviewers talked for most of it and rarely asked me anything about myself. The only time I spoke of my experience was when I thought it was necessary to relate to the conversation.

Overall, I though the interview itself went well and the hiring manager even walked me out. He said that the next step would be to follow up with the recruiter in a week. The rest of the experience went as follows:

Contacted recruiter exactly one week after the interview
    Recruiter said they weren't ready yet and it would be a few days
    I followed up one week from them
    Same story
    The third time around, the recruiter seemed a bit annoyed and told me that she would definitely let me know if there was any news
    I wanted patiently for exactly 30 days before I contacted her again
    The recruiter said the job had been put on hold

So...that's it? The job was put on hold after all that? Come on. The least they could've done was send out a mass email to all the people who applied and essentially wasted hours of time from the Brocade managers and myself. Brocade, you need to do a better job. I have such a poor taste from this company from this experience and if I ever find myself as a potential customer of yours I will not consider your business.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

There was 5 interviewers and took 4 hours. Director, Manager, two Hardware Engineers and One Mechanical engineer. The interview was one-on-one and took 45mins each. About 1/2hr with HR. They are very professional business like.

Interview Questions

• Are you qualify for the job?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Initial communication was with the HR, resulted in a phone call with questions on background and interest. Next step was a phone screening with the Hiring Manager after which was called in to interview on site. Had 7 rounds of 1:1 interviews, half an hour each. Was very well organized. The interviews were in depth and detailed, focus was on analytical and problem solving skills. Was given a campus tour, people in general seemed very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you faced an unfriendly client.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

three to four technical rounds followed by couple of manager/tech lead discussions. white board problem solving. data structure and algorithmic questions. emphasis on working new platforms. experiences gained from past experience

Interview Questions

• Prior implementation experience and how it can be leveraged.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Too technical of interview, expected flow charts. There seemed to be a disconnect between the managers on the role of the person in this role. There was conflicting responsibilities explained to me during the interview between the different managers

Interview Questions

• How to draw an Ethernet cable in a networking environment   1 Answer

Support Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

3 Interviews, great people with awesome personalities. 1st interview was over the phone to discuss the qualifications. 2nd was with team members through out the USA, and 3rd was with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Typical: Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer