Brocade Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brocade Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a HR on LinkedIn. The turn-around was very quick. The onsite interview consisted of 6 rounds - 4 technical and 2 technical/behavioral. Overall the experience was great and very professional. There was a shutdown for 4th of July hence some delay in the decision. Did not have to negotiate since they beat my expectations.

Interview Questions

• Prepare thoroughly on networking concepts and a few data-structures.

Some questions:

1. Need of function prototypes in C
    2. Static vs global variable
    3. Pattern matching in a file
    4. How breakpoints work in GDB
    5. DMA working for receiving and transmitting the packet onto the port
    6. Sorting technique for a huge dataset in RAM
    7. How do you debug if CDP packets is lost between IP phone and Switch.
    8. Double free detection in C, what if the freed memory is allocated by another function.

Other Interview Reviews for Brocade

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview was for a developer position in the switch group. Contacted by internal recruiter. Initial phone screen with the hiring manager. Interview was non-technical, pretty straight forward, simple questions (what I did in my current job, what I know, what I want to do, etc). Was invited for a face-to-face interview at the company site. Interview questions consisted of protocol knowledge, and some c-interview questions (queues, locks, etc), not too difficult ones. As for the members of the team, I did not get a warm feeling from most of them, no "get to know you" talk, hardly any smiles, very dry and non-personal. Did not sense any excitement from them about their job or technology. Maybe because most of them has been there 8+ yrs.

I was told by the hiring manger she/Brocade would get back to me within a few days with a decision. Lets just say, I sent a few emails (to recruiter and hiring manger), left voice mails, finally heard back from them after three weeks. Status - the hiring manger is still looking at other candidates and would get back to me "soon" and thanked me for my patience. Btw, this is week four. :) I think I should take the hint by now. lol.

To recap, I was very disappointed with the whole interview process. Did not get opportunity to get to know member of team on a personal level.

Interview Questions

• Basic question about stacks, queues, multi-core programing, FC protocol basics (login related).   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brocade (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Coding round - they give the laptop. this is timebound round
    2 F2F round
    1 design based F2F round
    1 Managerial round

Some of the questions were really hard. Overall a good experience. HR and people were kind and friendly.

Interview Questions

• 5 Data structure JAVA programs to be completed in 60 minutes including JUNIT
      Core JAVA and Spring questions
      Questions on Data structures

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brocade (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

1st round was written. It included aptitude, technical and coding questions. Written test was difficult.
    next were face to face interviews. The panel was interested in the work done in the previous company and the issues faced there. I was tested on programming skills along with the knowledge of protocols. It was a nice experience.

Interview Questions

• 1. HTTP ptotocol
      2. TCP/IP protocol
      3. Find number of nodes of a tree
      4. questions on the projects in previous company

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brocade (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

General Interview. the interviewer was not sure what questions to be asked. And looks like the panel has no knowledge. The panelist has zero technical knowledge and was just into buttering and it appeared the company was run by a group of friends who had no vision to take the organisations forward.

Interview Questions

• Interview was very easy as the panelist had no technical knowledge.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was good. Though I got below my expectation. But the HR experience was good.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brocade.

Interview

Here we give lot of stress on C programming, data structures, OS concepts. Design questions. Also check on level of contribution from previous projects with past employers. All are of course required to be a good subject matter expertise in their field of expertise.

Interview Questions

• Scale a XYZ protocol from one level of performance to Nth level.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brocade.

Interview

Phone Interview, met with engineers, pretty basic stuff

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brocade (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2010.

Interview

Well, once the telephonic round was cleared, I was called for face to face interviews at their office.
    On reaching there I could see already 5-10 people names who had come and gone by then while other 5-10 were waiting for different rounds to be completed.
    I had to wait for half an hour after which i was interviewed by 4 people 1 after the other and in total it all lasted for about 3.5 - 4 hrs.
    Following which an HR came out and congratulated me on clearing it through.
    Next day they asked me all my current employment details as a criteria before which they cannot make me an offer.
    On supplying them with all the details, since then and now after 45 days I am yet to receive offer letter from them.

On contacting them in this regard, they keep saying its under process and needs approval from headquarters( that's ok , but 45 days??, that's red-tapism getting into private companies or only BROCADE ??).

Rather a couple of time I got call from HR of BROCADE for other teams, and they on getting to know my HUNG offer state with them, excuse themselves saying the same thing, "..We are sorry to not have checked that you have already been offered. But the offer is pending headquarter's approval, and some other HR will get back to you in this regard. Sorry for the delay .."

But till date I haven't got a call from any other HR regarding the offer-letter or what its state thereof.

Totally unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions on Linux and data structures and problem solving.   Answer Question

Though I haven't declined the offer yet(need to have 1 in hand to decline !!!).
    But going by the way they seem to handle the things, I don't think it makes any sense to accept the offer, when made.