Brocade Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

3.2

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brocade.

Interview

Interview process had 4-5 rounds of f2f interview and a prior telephonic screening. There were 3 technical rounds followed by interactions with senior managers and directors to understand more on whether the person can fit into culture or not.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Brocade

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brocade (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a 45 minute interview..Basic programming concept and networking concepts..overall did very well..but in two days of time there was so many changes..End of the day it wasn't the hiring manager who interviewed...

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Called by recruiter went over resume

Received a better offer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

three to four technical rounds followed by couple of manager/tech lead discussions. white board problem solving. data structure and algorithmic questions. emphasis on working new platforms. experiences gained from past experience

Interview Questions

• Prior implementation experience and how it can be leveraged.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Two phone interviews, and four on site white-board rounds.
    Interviews test for good programming experience, especially in C. Some problem solving questions and puzzles were also given. One needs to have an in depth knowledge of Operating Systems concepts to go through the interview.

Interview Questions

• Problem solving, Algorithm exercises, C knowledge, Operating Systems knowledge (especially Linux kernel concepts).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from Brocade to set up a telephonic interview. The interview was relatively easy and consisted of questions on sockets, VLANs, TCP/IP, ARP. Then they asked about my projects, some operating systems concepts like difference between thread and process. Finally he concluded the interview saying he thinks I am suitable for a software engineer in test and not a software developer. Key point being not a single coding question asked yet he arrives at that conclusion.

Interview Questions

• What are VLAN's and how do they work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview with the hiring manager, which consisted of only technical Qs. Later there was an onsite interview with written coding round and five 1:1 interviews. Interviewers were team members with varying experience. Most Qs were technical networking related. The coding round consisted of 3 programming Qs with 1.5 hrs. There was no review of code after the interview. All in all it was a pleasant experience. Very disappointing that I could not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you program ACLs for a device?   1 Answer
    • How long would you take to join after the offer is made?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brocade (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

There was a written which includes general aptitude and C, general aptitude had very tricky questions. only well prepared candidates can get through, In C there were questions consisting output finding and logical operations, the technical paper also had few networking related questions. networking basics and protocols are must to get through this rounds. since it was based on C development domain , there were lot of C questions

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Brocade.

Interview

Overall good. There were three rounds of interview, face to face. And there was one programming round. And after I got through all these, there was a telephonic with Senior Technical Lead from US.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Brocade (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

applied for an entry level position.

written test followed by a technical and managerial round...

technical round was quite interesting.
    questions ranged from advanced data structures to multithreaded programming.

few random mid level coding questions were asked. code had to written and streamlined.

managerial round was also mostly technical.

got a call after 3 days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation.