Brock & Scott, PLLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2018

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Brock & Scott, PLLC

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brock & Scott, PLLC (Wilmington, NC).

Interview

The interview took place in a comfortable conference room. The questions were practical and legitimate. Remember S.T.A.R. if you interview here. Situation, Task, Action, Resolution. Come up with 5 or 6 examples from previous jobs to relay to the interviewers for different scenarios.

Interview Questions

• What are five adjectives you would use to describe yourself?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you had to deal with a disagreement between yourself and your manager. What was the situation and outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brock & Scott, PLLC (Wilmington, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

The process went very smoothly and everyone was very professional. It took about 30 minutes and besides my work experience they wanted to know more about me as a person, i.e. personality, ethics, life outside of work, etc.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Brock & Scott, PLLC in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was bizarre... I was hired fairly quickly, however I was taken into a room with 3 members of management who awkwardly asked questions and made faces at each other with random nods. They all seemed cold and unfriendly from the get-go and my hunches were correct. They have no formal process for selecting applications, the general manager randomly pulls resume's that have been submitted and selects a few for interviews.

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilkesboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brock & Scott, PLLC (Wilkesboro, NC) in December 2015.

Interview

Several people in various management positions interview you at the same time. They take turns asking you questions while all take notes. It was an average kind of interview and I was fairly comfortable during the whole process.

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Brock & Scott, PLLC (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Very unprofessional. Two phone screenings which were followed up by an in house interview by an attorney barely out of law school with no management experience nor authority to hire. She asked a lot of inappropriate questions and could not answer any questions.

Interview Questions

• If, as an older worker, could I keep up with the younger attorneys.   1 Answer

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Brock & Scott, PLLC (Raleigh, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

Direct, quick, management had obviously hired many attorneys in the past few years. A lot of short quiestions that were silly and or did not apply. Appeared to be a casual work place but a lot of pressure to commit to performing in industry that is new to me.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brock & Scott, PLLC (Wilmington, NC).

Interview

Two panel interview. Asked basic questions along with a few BBI questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had difficultly with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The offer was take it or leave it.

Data Entry Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilkesboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Brock & Scott, PLLC (Wilkesboro, NC) in November 2013.

Interview

I had 2 interviews. The first interview was a preliminary with 2 Assistant Managers and then got selected to a second interview with 2 Operations Managers. I was surprised the HR Manager wasn't involved in the interview process except for setting up the day of the interviews.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brock & Scott, PLLC (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Focused on my experience as a paralegal. Asked specific questions about the paralegal process for the complaints department. Discussed compensation and work schedule. Overall it was pretty easy since I came in through a referral.

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brock & Scott, PLLC (Winston-Salem, NC) in April 2013.

Interview

This was the second time I applied to Brock & Scott for a position. The first time I applied, they called me for an interview after a few days of me applying. when I returned the call the position was filled. The second go round, I went in and met with the director of operations collections. She was very nice and the interview was very personable. No strategic questions and it was one on one. The interview went very well and I assumed I had gotten the job because i was told that the call would be returned. The surprise was, I never heard back from the firm and ended up taking a temp position after several weeks. The week I started the assignment, I received the call from B&S and was offered the position.

Negotiation

No negotiations was necessary. I was satisfied with the salary being offered.