Broker Genius Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Broker Genius Interview Questions

Interviews at Broker Genius

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Valley Stream, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Broker Genius (Valley Stream, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Met by heads of HR and Operations for a tour of the office. Given a logic test to see if you can 1) Solve problems 2) Explain how you came to your solution. Then one-on-one with the Director of Pricing and POD Leader.

Interview Questions

• What about working in a startup is appealing to you?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to work with a difficulty in the workplace. How did you handle it? What do you think you did correctly, and what could you have done better?   Answer Question
    • How does your background make you an ideal candidate for this role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Stream, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Broker Genius (Valley Stream, NY).

Interview

Both people who interviewed me barely had any time to "interview" me if you could even call it that. I had plenty of questions to ask them, but they were too busy. The interview consisted of one or two questions about my background and then an analytical test which is given to just make sure that you have a brain. Also, they basically told me they're just looking to put a butt in a seat. That sure doesn't make me feel valued. The hours are long, about 930am - 630pm, I was asked to work weekends, and the commute is insane (In Valley Stream, NY...In Long Island!). For a company that's growing so fast, it's a little concerning that they haven't moved to Manhattan yet. All in all, I'm glad I didn't get an offer because the salary (about $49,000 according to Glassdoor) isn't worth the commute, the time, and the effort spent on the job. Good luck Broker Genius.

Interview Questions

Broker Genius Response

Aug 28, 2017 – Head of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are not the typical 9-5 job due to the nature of our business, which we are upfront with applicants about. As you also mentioned, we are located in Valley Stream, right across the street from the LIRR stop (which is roughly 35 minutes from Penn Station). We do disclose all this information in our job specs and on preliminary interviews to all candidates prior to them coming in. Based on your feedback, we'll try to make these points even more clear in the future. We wish you luck in your job search.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Stream, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Broker Genius (Valley Stream, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, And two in person interviews.

The phone interview was good. The usual basic questions. After that they invite you to come in person and interview with the head of HR. That went smoothly as well. However, the last interview was terrible. I waited an hour after I got there to be seen by the CFO and the CEO. The questions were repetitive and rushed. You could tell they needed the Executive Assistant, but for some reason the whole process took almost a month and I had to call twice to find out the status of my application.

Interview Questions

Broker Genius Response

Sep 8, 2017 – Head of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We apologize if the final interview felt rushed. Our senior executives do tend to be very busy and we are trying to refine our process to make sure all candidates are seen in a more timely manner. Thank you again for your time and we wish you luck in your job search.

Anonymous Employee in Valley Stream, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Broker Genius (Valley Stream, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Had 3 people interview me and then was given a basic logic test. The first interview was with Human Resources, the second was with the head of the pricing department and the final was with one of the team leaders.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Broker Genius (Long Island City, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Firstly, the person who was going to take my interview was not present. Than someone took the interview but it was not like the interview. There was no counter questions and it looker interviewer wanted to finish it and go to work. Than they gave me aptitude test which i did well and again some other person came and took the same interview again. They didn't even bother to inform what they are thinking of a candidate. The interview process was very unethical.

Interview Questions

Broker Genius Response

Aug 28, 2017 – Head of Human Resources

We appreciate your feedback as we are always looking to examine and improve our interview process as we grow. We are currently eliminating steps in our interview process so that candidates meet directly with department heads at an earlier stage in the hiring process. We thoroughly appreciate you taking the time to come and meet with us and wish you luck in your job search.

Business Intelligence Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Broker Genius.

Interview

HR Interview. A few questions about my resume. Introduction about the company. Not long time. But they refused me because of time. It's a great company.HR Interview. A few questions about my resume. Introduction about the company. Not long time. But they refused me because of time. It's a great company.

Pricer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Broker Genius.

Interview

Sat and talked with Ops Manager, Pricing Manager and CEO. Very knowledgeable and all asked questions into my life and what I could bring to the company. They want quality people to work here and it shows.

Interview Questions

• What's something you want to gain from your experience here?   Answer Question

Senior Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Broker Genius (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, phone interview for screening the following week.
    Set up a 1 day in-person interviews where I met with 4 people as a group panel.
    Got an offer a week later form HR

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Walk us through your experiences.
      Be prepared to take a test (mostly basic math).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Valley Stream, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Broker Genius (Valley Stream, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

There is a written test - mostly math and logic questions - and then a behavioral interview. You're given about 20 min to complete the test. the behavioral interview is mostly to determine if you'd be a good fit within the company culture

Interview Questions

• How many bowling alleys are there in the united states?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Stream, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Broker Genius (Valley Stream, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied via Glassdoor. Received an email around 2 weeks later mentioning they were interested in my resume, but would like for me to answer a few questions first. Questions were very basic, and is their first attempt in seeing if you are a good fit.

After a few days, I did receive another email requesting a phone interview, which was scheduled two days later. The phone interview was pleasant, and again basic questions were asked as the interviewer is trying to get a better feel for you, and to see if being a pricing analyst is a good fit.

Following the phone interview, I was asked to come to their office in Valley Stream NY. Yes, not the most ideal location, but the commute isn't terrible, and the train is located right by the office.

The in-person interview was great. Sat with HR to go over the program that is used, and received a basic rundown as to what a pricing analyst will use to do their day to day jobs. I then took a logical test, which wasn't too tricky, but can make you overthink yourself. After the test, I spoke with a manager who over looks a pricing analyst group. Had a great conversation with him, and felt positive after I left the office.

The only doubts I had is that this position does require long house, which is no problem, but it's long hours sitting at a desk and having eyes glued to the software. Again, this isn't a major problem, but it could be for someone who isn't used to that daily.

Overall the experience was a 5/5. Don't let the commute or location deter you.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in being a pricing analyst.   1 Answer