Brookdale Senior Living Activities Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brookdale Senior Living Activities Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Brookdale Senior Living

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Denver, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

Employer emailed saying they were interested in me coming in for an interview. I responded quickly saying I was interested and set up an interview asap. The interview itself was in a messy cramped room that made me not want to wrok there. Also, the participants I saw seemed very unhappy.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I submitted an online application and was contacted by email for an interview with the executive director. I had one interview with her and then another the following week with the resident programs director. I was offered the job a week after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses? Have you ever questioned the judgement of management? Why do you want to work with senior citizens?   Answer Question

Activities Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview

It was a two people panel, the Executive Director and Activities Director that interviewed you. You talk about your experiences and what you can offer the company regarding the activities for the seniors.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with the seniors/activities?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in McMinnville, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (McMinnville, OR) in September 2014.

Interview

Very friendly & welcoming. This facility had state there and HR was unable to be at interview. The Activities Director handled well. It was a short one on one interview with 5 questions. She then gave me a tour of the facility and introduced me to other staff and residents. The Activities director was asked by two other management gals if she thought the interview went well and offered to complete my background check right then and bypass 2nd interview. After completing background, was taking back to activity director office where she said hr would contact me for 2nd meeting to complete new hire paperwork... I am super excited but also unsure I think that means I got position but no official word "your hired". Hoping to get that second call to come complete paperwork like it was explained.

Interview Questions

• How do handle keeping yourself separated from becoming attached to the residents, example - if a resident passes, do I become completely attached or can I except, help and move on.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked what the salary was, she was unclear because I had experience and Brookdale had recently bought the old company out and their financial situation was stronger than the old company, wage based off revenue??

Activity Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview

2 interviews

Negotiation

there was none.