Brookdale Senior Living Executive Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brookdale Senior Living Executive Director Interview Questions

3.2

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

They use targeted selection in their interview process which asks questions that is behavior based directly relating to situations and how you handled them in the past. The first step is a screening by the company recruiter where they ask for examples based on your prior experience. The recruiter is looking for a complete "star" for each category of questioning in order for you to move on to any further interviews. A "star" means you have answered the question satisfactorily by addressing Situation/Task - Action - Result. It is a good idea to go online and research the types of questions you may be asked so you can prepare some good examples of past experiences where you had a successful outcome.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your supervisor asked you to do something that you didn't agree with and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Buffalo, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Had four phone interviews followed up by one in-person interview. I was very disappointed to have gone through the phone and in-person interviews only to never hear anything back from anyone. It is deeply disappointing to be witness and part of poorly managed hiring practices.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge you faced in your last job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Charlotte, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

I initially had a phone interview with a talent acquisition staff, followed by a online screening test. I then had two phone interviews and one interview in person. Following these interviews, I received a call from a senior member of the organization for a final interview. In each case the interviews went remarkably well, and at the close of the final interview I was told, "It will be nice to finally put a face to the name." Sounds pretty hopeful, huh? Nope, never heard a work back from them and it's been several months. I made a couple more attempts to reach them to get information and no one has ever responded. Sounds like a dodged a bullet with this company if this experience is an indicator of their professional standards.

Executive Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in April 2015.

Interview

I interviewed in person and by phone with six people. Everyone I met with was professional and openly complimentary of my background. It was a long process that started to lose momentum over time.

Interview Questions

• They were interested in my strategy ideas for increasing census.   Answer Question

There wasn't enough upside for me to leave my current position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Columbus, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

They put you through situational but in your own words they want your story and how you handled the situation. I spoke with HR and they sent me to the interim Regional for the facility and then I had another phone interview with the regional clinical. I was then to have an additional phone interview with the regional sales, after two weeks of not hearing from this individual I reached out to HR via email and my email was ignored, how can a corporation expect to obtain professional individuals when they are so unprofessional in there process. I am completely fine with not obtaining a position from this organization because they do not meet any of the standards that there culture speaks on. I am sure that the CEO of this organization would be interested to know how they treat prospective employees, very unsettling.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to discipline an individual and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Leesburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Leesburg, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

The whole process was professional and well communicated. I had 3 phone interviews, 2 1/1 interviews, and 2 group interviews. The interviews were two way. The company found out about me and I found out about the company.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how I handled counseling an Manager that was not performing.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Houston, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

Multiple telephone and in-person interviews with recruiting, operations, sales, and clinical leaders in the company. There was generally several days between each interview and coordination of schedules sometimes extended that period of time. Those who interviewed me were very engaged in the process and clearly all had a love for the company and its values and were really looking for the right fit from a skills, experience and culture perspecitve. Thorough background and reference checks.

Interview Questions

• Brookdale uses specific scenarios to gather information about specific thinking processes and past behaviors.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Chattanooga, TN) in October 2013.

Interview

Thorough, multiple interviews with senior management. Round robin type interviews with multiple interviewers. Telephone interview with RVP. They made me feel comfortable and welcome. Excellent company, excellent management. I felt very comfortable with their process.

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Salisbury, NC) in July 2013.

Interview

The actual process is quite lengthy; approximately 5 months from start to actual offer. I had 3 phone interviews to start, one onsite interview at community, then 3 more phone interviews afterwards. The recruiter was very friendly and professional. They all use situation-based interview questions to evaluate personality, motivation, experience, and results.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a time when had a difficult employee/manager who was valuable to your team but their personality was creating conflict with other employees?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were limited on the negotiating as it is based on the community's annual budget, but they did come up to a fair level and were able to offer a small signing bonus to help offset the cost of moving. They do not cover relocation costs for any position.

Executive Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview

call from RDO, schedule face to face interviews with her and regional Nurse, Regional Sales Manager. Long gaps of time between interviews made me think the process died, but they picked it up and I was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was making more than they wanted to pay me, but they ultimately met my salary requirements.