Brookdale Senior Living Executive Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brookdale Senior Living Executive Director Interview Questions

Interviews at Brookdale Senior Living

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Salisbury, NC) in July 2013.

Interview

The actual process is quite lengthy; approximately 5 months from start to actual offer. I had 3 phone interviews to start, one onsite interview at community, then 3 more phone interviews afterwards. The recruiter was very friendly and professional. They all use situation-based interview questions to evaluate personality, motivation, experience, and results.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a time when had a difficult employee/manager who was valuable to your team but their personality was creating conflict with other employees?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were limited on the negotiating as it is based on the community's annual budget, but they did come up to a fair level and were able to offer a small signing bonus to help offset the cost of moving. They do not cover relocation costs for any position.

Other Interview Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Providence, RI) in January 2010.

Interview

Brookdale uses the Targeted Selection Interview process. How it differs from other interviews is that they will not ask you what you would do in a given situation. They want stories that reveal what you have actually done in response to their question. I had seven interviews for my position as executive director and it took 10 weeks.

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate on salary, however I was able to negotiate additional paid time off.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Houston, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

I completed the application online and emailed my resume. I was contacted by a recruiter within 5 days. He was very pleasant and said I was extremely qualified for the position. He recommended I apply for the Operations Specialist position. He set up an appointment for the RVP who never called. The recruiter called again and explained she had not been available and was interested in rescheduling the call. The call was scheduled for 2 weeks later. She finally called about 20 minutes late and spent less than 5 minutes on the phone with me. She said she had other interviews and would call to set up an interview at the community. Months went by and that call never came. The same position has been posted now 2 times in the last 3 months. They have hired people and those same people have quit or been terminated. I then applied for the same position in another state and region and never received a call.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult at all. I had extensive experience in the field as a Regional Director and Consultant   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Melbourne, FL) in June 2010.

Interview

Initial phone interview then an in person interview, walk through of the facility and then on the job trial period shadowing trainer. The Interview questions were mostly situational, What-if questions. There were some that seemed to be experienced based, but not as much time was spent on them.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question involved how to get a team working for you to accomplish the goals of the healthcare facility.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. It was a take it or leave it.

Executive Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview

call from RDO, schedule face to face interviews with her and regional Nurse, Regional Sales Manager. Long gaps of time between interviews made me think the process died, but they picked it up and I was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was making more than they wanted to pay me, but they ultimately met my salary requirements.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Detroit, MI) in December 2010.

Interview

13 interviews and it took 3 months to hire me. By the time they get around to hiring you most good candidates are gone or already found a job. It takes them about 60 to 90 days to hire for all managers.

Interview Questions

• Your most difficult interview will be with the CEO or Vice President. Open Ended interview questions, give me an example of how you handled a situation where you believe you were right and your supervisor did not. Did you take it up the chain of command. If so, what happened?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Whatever you tell the recruiter your bottom line is, you are stuck with. If you tell them you were making 65,000 at your last job, that is how much you will make here. You can't negotiate after the recruiter refers you on. They really low ball you to the budget. They try to get the best talent for least amount of money and ask about the health insurance. The health insurance is terrible!!! They hardly pay for anything and no doctor's want to take United Health Care. They make you take a blood test and then it takes a year just to get United to pay the bill for a $600 lab they require to be employed. Doctors do not like to deal with United and its not uncommon to have a doctor that participates that is 45 minutes away from your home. My hospital was 45 minutes away from my home and how am I supposed to go into labor and travel 45 minutes? Then, have pay out of network for other hospital by your home.

Executive Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview

I was promoted from within still had to complete fingerprint and background screenings. It is for the safety and well being of the residents. The process is lengthly especially for a new associate to Brookdale. The background screening can take from 1 - 10 + days depending on names, addresses. Healthcare is so regulated, it is out of Brookdale control, then there is fingerprinting, drug test, physical and TB test. That process takes time. If some one doesn't meet any one of those test, they could be declined the offer. From on-line application to offer was about 4 - 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe you have all the information/knowledge to be able to work in this position effectively?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Houston, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

Multiple telephone and in-person interviews with recruiting, operations, sales, and clinical leaders in the company. There was generally several days between each interview and coordination of schedules sometimes extended that period of time. Those who interviewed me were very engaged in the process and clearly all had a love for the company and its values and were really looking for the right fit from a skills, experience and culture perspecitve. Thorough background and reference checks.

Interview Questions

• Brookdale uses specific scenarios to gather information about specific thinking processes and past behaviors.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Charlotte, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

I initially had a phone interview with a talent acquisition staff, followed by a online screening test. I then had two phone interviews and one interview in person. Following these interviews, I received a call from a senior member of the organization for a final interview. In each case the interviews went remarkably well, and at the close of the final interview I was told, "It will be nice to finally put a face to the name." Sounds pretty hopeful, huh? Nope, never heard a work back from them and it's been several months. I made a couple more attempts to reach them to get information and no one has ever responded. Sounds like a dodged a bullet with this company if this experience is an indicator of their professional standards.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Columbus, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

They put you through situational but in your own words they want your story and how you handled the situation. I spoke with HR and they sent me to the interim Regional for the facility and then I had another phone interview with the regional clinical. I was then to have an additional phone interview with the regional sales, after two weeks of not hearing from this individual I reached out to HR via email and my email was ignored, how can a corporation expect to obtain professional individuals when they are so unprofessional in there process. I am completely fine with not obtaining a position from this organization because they do not meet any of the standards that there culture speaks on. I am sure that the CEO of this organization would be interested to know how they treat prospective employees, very unsettling.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to discipline an individual and how did you handle it   Answer Question