Brookdale Senior Living Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

76 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Wellness Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The Interview was pleasant. The interviewer did not make me feel nervous or uncomfortable. It was refreshing to feel like I was just having a casual conversation with another human being. I did not feel like I had to try and figure out the correct answer or like I the interviewer was intentionally trying to make me uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you are looking for   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview

went in filled out app asked to speak with a manager to turn it in follow up call to get an interview later that week. They are very busy seem under staffed

Med Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lodi, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Lodi, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was called about two days after I had applied. I was eager and showed up promptly for my interview. I walked in and checked with the front desk five minutes before my scheduled time. After about 30 minutes, the interviewer came out. I stood up and shook her hand, thinking we were about to go in; however, I was wrong. She took in another girl and I proceeded to wait for another 45 minutes. I waited over an hour total for my interview to even start. Finally, I walked in only to engage in a 5 minute interview. She asked me three questions. After the second question, which was in regards to my availability, she was completely thrown off by the fact that I was in college. I applied to a part time job and she was telling me how I could not be offered a full time job since I was a student. I politely told her that I applied for the part time position and she proceeded to tell me that I wasn't a good fit for the company. I am already a certified medical assistant; however, she seemed completely turned off by the fact that I was in nursing school. On top of that, I asked what other obligations were required of a Med Tech that were not listed on the job description. What the interviewer described was absolutely different than what was described. The site stated I was responsible for administering medications, reporting, supervising intakes and keeping tabs with the physician. The interviewer stated that if I notice a patient that hasn't bathed, then I have to bathe them or if I notice the caregivers aren't doing things, then I have to change the sheets, take them to the bathroom, etc. I understand that I am obligated to help people; however, I am a Medical Assistant; none of this falls under my certification. None of this was in the job description. I left the interview knowing that I just couldn't accept an offer. The interviewer told me that I would be called on the following Friday regardless of whether or not I got the job. Almost 2 months later, I am still waiting for that phone to ring.

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview

I applied online through Indeed, and was called for an interview 5-6 days later. I was told upfront that I was overqualified for the position, and they called me in because my resume was formatted nicely. The employer went over the tasks and duties for the position I applied for and asked if I had any questions. Not sure why they would call me for an interview in the first place if I overqualified in their eyes.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever managed a group of people?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in the future after obtaining your degree?   Answer Question
    • How do you know how to speak with residents who have Alzheimer's/dementia?   Answer Question

Business Office Assistant/Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Peoria, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Very welcoming company, friendly people including the residents, interview was about the team and how you fit to be a part of the company. They also speak about the position and asked you to match that base on your job skills and experiences

Interview Questions

• Give feed back on two teams you worked for and what occurred?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call a few weeks later asking if I was still interested in the role, completed initial phone interview, was invited to do an in person interview a week later, meet with 2 senior individuals.

Receptionist/Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buford, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Buford, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Started off by filling out a paper application (do so on the website before you go to the interview). The interview lasted no more than 2 minutes. Interviewer went over my application and explained the job duties and responsibilities to me, went on to explain this job was more entry level. Looking at my past experience was honest she did not have authority to offer me close to what I have previously been paid.

CNA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broken Arrow, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Broken Arrow, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

Directors seem to be caring but Buisness like.
    Seem to care about the facility and who they bring in but they are not team oriented, very misleading and judge you unfairly.

Interview Questions

• Something people say this is like a nursing home! Is it?   1 Answer

Activities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Norman, OK).

Interview

I spoke with the Executive Director about the position. She was very likable and easy to talk to. It was one of the best experiences I have ever had interviewing for a job.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to approach your employer about a problem at work?   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Carmel Valley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I arrived for my interview appointment and waited 20 minutes for the interviewer. When she finally made time to sit with me she asked for my background. As I started to explain my work history, she interrupted me asking more specifically what my experience was in skilled nursing. I told her I didn't have any and she explained how under qualified I was. I reminded her it was her who called me to set up the interview. And I indicated I wouldn't have applied if the job posting specified skilled nursing as a requirement but it did not. I told her I was surprised she even called but I figured she must've seem something of value in my resume. The woman interviewing me said she didn't even read my resume! ...why invite someone for an interview without even reviewing their qualifications?! What a waste of time! Wow! She really does need an assistant!