Brookdale Senior Living Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brookdale Senior Living Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview

Went to a job fair.Three Brookdale representatives were there. They were chatting and laughing among themselves and were in no way interested in talking to a job prospect. I told them I had just applied for a position. They asked what it was and said if they are interested they will call you. SOME would have thought it was a great opportunity to get to know more about Brookdale, pick up some literature, learn about the company culture. Brookdale PAYS a hefty sum for employee job referrals. I can see why it is necessary.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview

The interview was so difficult. The ED was very harsh with questioning and you wouldn't know the answers unless you worked for the company before. ED was on time to interview, presented professionally, then became drill sergeant. Seemed to be trying to be hurtful.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you will qualify for the role?   2 Answers

RN Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (San Antonio, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was lengthy and time consuming you must interview with at least 3 people before you even get a offer. The human resource department is very slow to respond and is frequently not on the same page as the workplace so there was often confusion with hiring requirements . They perform a certain style interview in which you must answer specific questions with specific examples and get scored by the interviewer. Unfortunately it makes the interviewer appear robotic and not so intelligent from trying to hard .

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were asked to do something that you did not agree with from another employer   1 Answer

Negotiation

For me the administrator at the time was willing to compensate for experience

Patient Services Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in October 2015.

Interview

Very unprofessional way of coordinating interviews. Im in recruiting and coordinating and i know when a set time and date is scheduled, you keep that time and date and if not, let them know in advance you cannot make that time and date. I was asked to arrive and be seen around 2:00 PM - 2:15 PM. I arrived at 2:10 PM and was not seen til 3:10 pm!! Why ask me to come at a certain time and not see me one hour later? They provided me a form to fill out 5 mins before they called me in. I was sitting there waiting for a whole hour not doing anything, why didn't they give me the form when I arrived to fill it out? Then, the hiring manager tried to say she was a busy lady and made it seem it was my fault. Excuse me, everyone is busy, it's your job to keep track of time and time management. You asked me to come onsite, yet I go out of my way and you can't even go out of yours to keep a set schedule on track? Then, she explained I didn't fill out the form properly. I filled it out and provided my resume which had all the same questions they were looking for on my resume. Either, they don't like to read or wanted an easy way to find out answers that catered to them and their interviews style to eliminate candidates. Either way, she did not once apologize for seeing me late nor did she care if I had other commitments after.

Resident Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Tucson, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

Disorganized, piecemeal, and not helpful. I was never told what my hours would be or what the position paid, and was called in twice to go through the same chaos.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I just was trying to find out what was entailed in doing the job.

Healthcare Services Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Overland Park, KS) in June 2015.

Interview

Brookdale uses the Targeted Selection Process, which is very tough and stressful. You are first contacted by a recruiter who will discuss the position with you over the phone and then that recruiter will discuss the phone interview with one of the department managers, who will then decide if they want you to come in for an interview. Either the recruiter or the department manager may contact you for the interview. You will then go through the first round of Targeted Selection and will be called back for further Targeted Selection interviews if you do well in this process (up to 3-4 rounds depending on how you and the other candidates do in the process). The recruiter will contact you if you are to come back or if you are to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a problem with an internal/external customer and how did you handle it and what was the result?   1 Answer

Health and Wellness Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ormond Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Ormond Beach, FL).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by email by a Brookdale Senior Living Recruiter. She set up my first interview with her via phone. The next interview was with the Divisional Clinical Director and that along with the first interview went well. I then met with one of the Executive Directors and yet another. My final Executive Director Interview was wonderful and stressful at the same time. He spent so much time with me and was quite thorough and by the end of my interview I knew that we would be part of a great team together. I was offered the postion later that week. I am impressed with this company and I know that it is the perfect fit for both of us. I felt a great deal of support from the Divisional Clinical Director.

Interview Questions

• Targeted Interview Questions   1 Answer

RN Home Health Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview

Interview took almost 2 hours...very indepth questions...hardiest interview of my life...know your strengths..and use examples from work history...as an Rn..use work/experience. Know yourself, how you are an asset and how you manage your time

Sales and Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in April 2012.

Interview

Oddest thing ever: Was contacted via email for a phone interview and requested 3 times when I was available. After I wrote right back that day, I never heard back. I wrote/called to follow-up numerous times over the next week and then was assigned a time another week out. I waited 45 minutes after the assigned interview time (yes, I checked and re-checked) and never got the call. I called the recruiter an hour after the appt. and followed up with 2 emails over the week and one more phone call. Then I received an email saying thanks but no thanks. HR/recruiting can do what they want but never forget that we are ALL in sales: what if I had a loved one that I was considering putting into an assisted living?! What this says is I would NEVER put a loved one in a place that has so little regard of people's time. Nor would I recommend it to anyone either. You didn't let ME down: I will find a career in senior living but you showed a terrible face to potential customers. Shame on you.

Maintenance Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Tucson, AZ) in February 2009.

Interview

I worked there 2 years earlier, they called me last month(2/09) & asked me to come & talk to them, which I did. I filled out a new application as a formality & they lost it, the new Ex. Director scheduled a second interview with me & then took that day off. There is no Leadership skills in this Corp. Last week(3/09), the next new Ex. Director called me & asked me to come fill out "another" application, I declined.

Interview Questions

• What would the inside of my car look like if we were to go look inside of it right now?   2 Answers
    • Why do I think I could be a Maintenance Director?   1 Answer

Left hand does not know what the right hand is doing....Confussed atmosphere. They claim to have all the answers, but they don't know what the questions are.