Brookdale Senior Living Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brookdale Senior Living Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2017

2.3

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in March 2009.

Interview

I applied to an ad in the paper. I was given an application to fill out and toured the building speaking to the administrative assistant. I was next called by the RN case manager for an interview. We spoke at length for about an hour. That went quite well. The next interview was a phone interview with the RDO. We were both from the same home state, so that gave us common ground to talk about and we knew some common areas. The last interview was with the Staffer. I didnt hear from anyone for about a month. Then I got a call with a job offer and a salary. My current job topped the salary offered and then Brookdale upped theirs and I took the job. I havent regretted it.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for a job that you have no experience in?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered and my current employer raised my salary, then Brookdale upped theirs and I accepted the job.

Waitstaff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview

I had been a volunteer for several months prior to my hiring and they felt that they did not need to do an interview because of the good reviews I had been given from volunteering. I don't think that they do interviews like they should; it appears that they hire anybody. They've hired people with stress issues (which is not a good thing when working in a high-stress field) and people without any sort of enthusiasm; because of this, the residents are unsatisfied with the people that have been hired. In just 6 months, we had the majority of the waitstaff be made up with people with negative qualities. It doesn't seem like management is trying to hired people that would express compassion, respect, excellence, and integrity (the keys to the mission).

Executive Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview

Very unorganized; interviewed with RDO who kept asking if recruiter had contacted me yet (they had not).

Interview Questions

• They use targeted selection, meaning they will ask you to use examples of past experiences.   1 Answer

Sales Counselor Interview

Interview

Very easy conversation and interview process. Seemed very upbeat with a good overall atmosphere. Didn't really ask any difficult questions during my interview. Very upfront and positive.

Resident Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Dayton, OH).

Interview

I got my interview fairly quick, only because I knew another employee already hired. I was a little dissapointed with my starting hourly rate since I have my EMT license, and history of a medical tech. in the military. $9.00

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fine.

Lpn Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview

Interview went well, she said she would get back to me. I called 5 days later, left a message, emailed twice, never heard from her again. Also she sent my resume to another of their campuses for a position she knew I could not do due to me schedule.

Server Interview

Interview

They asked me general questions about what do I do or a living, past jobs, and any past expereince I had. This was a very easy interview to get pass

OTR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview

Regional manager answered emails while I responded to his questions. About 15 min in all, if that. No questions beyond yes / no answers. Asked in the interview how I would increase caseload. Talk about red flags!

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected thing was when I was asked to step away from the office area while the mgr talked on his cellphone.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told them what I wanted and they met it

COA Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview

The hiring process is the same at any other company. They offer a typing test, which if you have any office experience, you will pass. The HR department is really very nice and the managers that I interviewed with were extremely knowledgeable about the company and what it has to offer.

Cook Interview

Interview

Applied online and was called the next day for an interview. I had applied for two jobs and was called back and it was not clarified what job I would be interviewing for. Not very personable on the phone