Brookdale Senior Living Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.3

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tracy, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Tracy, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Quick interview and life management questions, all while being interviewed by someone in pajamas. The interview was pretty much a conversation on how your going to work and when. Once you get the interview you pretty much got the job is what im trying to imply.

Medicaid Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process flowed very smoothly. The location was beautiful. Everyone I met with was very helpful and understanding. They asked performance and behavioral based questions. It didn't feel like an interview; more like a conversation with people. It was very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions was how would an individual handle conflict?   Answer Question

Med Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lodi, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Lodi, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was called about two days after I had applied. I was eager and showed up promptly for my interview. I walked in and checked with the front desk five minutes before my scheduled time. After about 30 minutes, the interviewer came out. I stood up and shook her hand, thinking we were about to go in; however, I was wrong. She took in another girl and I proceeded to wait for another 45 minutes. I waited over an hour total for my interview to even start. Finally, I walked in only to engage in a 5 minute interview. She asked me three questions. After the second question, which was in regards to my availability, she was completely thrown off by the fact that I was in college. I applied to a part time job and she was telling me how I could not be offered a full time job since I was a student. I politely told her that I applied for the part time position and she proceeded to tell me that I wasn't a good fit for the company. I am already a certified medical assistant; however, she seemed completely turned off by the fact that I was in nursing school. On top of that, I asked what other obligations were required of a Med Tech that were not listed on the job description. What the interviewer described was absolutely different than what was described. The site stated I was responsible for administering medications, reporting, supervising intakes and keeping tabs with the physician. The interviewer stated that if I notice a patient that hasn't bathed, then I have to bathe them or if I notice the caregivers aren't doing things, then I have to change the sheets, take them to the bathroom, etc. I understand that I am obligated to help people; however, I am a Medical Assistant; none of this falls under my certification. None of this was in the job description. I left the interview knowing that I just couldn't accept an offer. The interviewer told me that I would be called on the following Friday regardless of whether or not I got the job. Almost 2 months later, I am still waiting for that phone to ring.

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview

I applied online through Indeed, and was called for an interview 5-6 days later. I was told upfront that I was overqualified for the position, and they called me in because my resume was formatted nicely. The employer went over the tasks and duties for the position I applied for and asked if I had any questions. Not sure why they would call me for an interview in the first place if I overqualified in their eyes.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever managed a group of people?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in the future after obtaining your degree?   Answer Question
    • How do you know how to speak with residents who have Alzheimer's/dementia?   Answer Question

Business Office Assistant/Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Peoria, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Very welcoming company, friendly people including the residents, interview was about the team and how you fit to be a part of the company. They also speak about the position and asked you to match that base on your job skills and experiences

Interview Questions

• Give feed back on two teams you worked for and what occurred?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Denver, CO).

Interview

Process takes about 2 weeks to get hired on. Drug testing includes marijuana. Nice relaxed environment. Usually a manager interviews and then an executive director. Must have open availability, and be willing to pick up shifts. Good job for a student

Interview Questions

• How do you perform under pressure?
      Why do you like to see from your manager?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview

Went to a job fair.Three Brookdale representatives were there. They were chatting and laughing among themselves and were in no way interested in talking to a job prospect. I told them I had just applied for a position. They asked what it was and said if they are interested they will call you. SOME would have thought it was a great opportunity to get to know more about Brookdale, pick up some literature, learn about the company culture. Brookdale PAYS a hefty sum for employee job referrals. I can see why it is necessary.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call a few weeks later asking if I was still interested in the role, completed initial phone interview, was invited to do an in person interview a week later, meet with 2 senior individuals.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Riverside, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through Indeed and got a call very soon. I went in for an interview with the manager in dining. Afterwards I got an interview over the phone with the executive director.

Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Riverside, CA).

Interview

Easy went through two interviews in the span of a few days apart. Then was sent for a background check took about a week for finger printing to clear. Ane also did a drug test.