Brookdale Senior Living Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

2.4

Personal Living Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hendersonville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Hendersonville, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

Very informal, but also obscure. If you didn't know anything about the job prior to the interview, you would not know what questions to ask or what you would actually be doing.

Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Harrisonburg, VA).

Interview

I was interviewed by Jennifer McNamara. She was pleasant and made me feel welcome. The atmosphere was a little bit relaxed. We chatted about my experience, skills, and education level. We discussed my references, and I was given a tour of the building and introduced to a few of the residents. I was then offered a job and given the paperwork for my TB screening and drug screen.

Interview Questions

• Are you Serve Safe certified?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I too feel like my not being hired was age discrimination. Experience wise I have 25 years working with seniors and their families I had an insurance agency which only sold to seniors. Medicare supplements/ advantage plans, long term care insurance and annuities which taught me their concerns of money and health concerns I worked in PT at a hospital also, so I know of their health concerns. I also recently had two years of successful sales experience at a local large CCRC. All my experience taught me to know what seniors think, how they think and what their concerns are, and most importantly how to SELL to them I have a very professional appearance and demeanor. They probably hired someone young with a tenth of my experience

Interview Questions

• Tell me of an instance where you went beyond the call of duty   1 Answer

Resident Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Denver, CO).

Interview

I found the position via indeed, and was invited to apply by the company, and was offered an interview session.
    The interview process was very inviting. Both interviewers were open about the details of the position and clear about the type of candidate they are seeking. The process was very comfortable and enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• One of the interview questions I was asked was what I was looking for in my next job.   Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

They use targeted selection in their interview process which asks questions that is behavior based directly relating to situations and how you handled them in the past. The first step is a screening by the company recruiter where they ask for examples based on your prior experience. The recruiter is looking for a complete "star" for each category of questioning in order for you to move on to any further interviews. A "star" means you have answered the question satisfactorily by addressing Situation/Task - Action - Result. It is a good idea to go online and research the types of questions you may be asked so you can prepare some good examples of past experiences where you had a successful outcome.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your supervisor asked you to do something that you didn't agree with and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

I had to go through 5-6 interviews only to be told that I didn't have enough internal sales experience. I did.. I am looking at age discrimination. I am sorry but these facilities are hiring young ladies with babies, husbands and much less work history in this field and they tend to hire the same age. Then they wonder why there is so much turn over. I had to jump through hoops to get an answer only to be told lies.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Carlsbad, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

First they gave me a call and offered me an interview. Went and they had this 30 min. conversation about if they should let me work there or not (because I'm 17) and then they told me to come back with an adult.
    Next interview, brought my guardian. They said I had to be 18. They basically wasted my time both times but they kindly said they were going to keep my resume.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in kitchen, serving, with food?   Answer Question

Sales Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (New York, NY).

Interview

I just wanted to share my application experience with Brookdale Senior Living. I was a highly successful and well respected sales professional in the industry who took time off to care for my family. It appears that the HR department may not place value on this phase of an applicant's life. I have submitted my resume for multiple sales roles and it does not get past the HR gate keeper. There are plenty of companies that are willing to understand an applicant's various "phases of life".. I am not sure Brookdale Senior Living is one of them. On the bright side their online application process is straight forward and easy to use. They have a great website and I was impressed with the facilities that I have seen in my community.

Interview Questions

• There were a few online survey questions about prior work experience. I was unfortunately not called for an interview.   Answer Question

Medication Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Sacramento, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I was called the day after I applied online. I was set up for an interview the following Tuesday. I was told I would hear back after the background check. It has been one week today, so I called and was told the Health and Wellness Director wasn't in the office until tomorrow, to call back then.

Interview Questions

• What is my five year plan?
      How would I contribute to a team of 12 people?
      Tell me about yourself?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

She told me what I would be making and their was no negotiation.

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Richmond, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

Panel interview with the business director, memory director, head nurse. They were very friendly and nice. They spoke to me one at a time and asked me which area if service did I enjoy most when working with the elderly. They told me I would be a good fit in their Memory Care. I received a card and invite to come see their facility.

Interview Questions

• They asked me my experience in caring for the elderly.   1 Answer