Brookdale Senior Living Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brookdale Senior Living Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.4

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview

You are interviewed by two or three people in the department. One of the interviewers were nice. The other was intimidating. You are interviewed one on one each time in an office.

Interview Questions

• I think one was where have you worked before?
      How do I know I can trust you take care of the residents?
      Why are you the candidate for us?
      Answer Question

Food Service Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bradenton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Bradenton, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

It felt like they forgot I was coming. Her office was a mess and looked like they were trying to redecorate. She loved my resume and kind of hinted towards the fact that their kitchen was in need of help. I was not told that the person running the kitchen was a former construction worker with no formal training and that they had half the staff they needed.

ADON Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Somewhat unorganized. They made it seem like the facility was running like a well oiled machine which I later learned was quite the opposite. Also since I was trying to decided between another offer I asked a lot of questions but that was futile because they will tell you what you want to hear and then when you are hired it will change.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know what computer programs I was use to working with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did negotiate for a higher salary. This was done over the phone with the DON.

Sales and Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Received call from recruiter for initial telephone interview for screening purposes. After telephone interview, there is an in-person interview. Interviewers were very friendly and upfront providing helpful information re expectations and overall hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Q. (telephone interview) Review resume and relate experience to position   Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Buffalo, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Had four phone interviews followed up by one in-person interview. I was very disappointed to have gone through the phone and in-person interviews only to never hear anything back from anyone. It is deeply disappointing to be witness and part of poorly managed hiring practices.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge you faced in your last job?   1 Answer

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Colorado Springs, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

Quick interview process. Applied the same day I got hired. Interview was short and brief. She barely asked questions about the job more so if I had any barriers on keeping me from coming to work.

Director-Level Position Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview

Recruiter didn't call at the scheduled time for my phone screen. Didn't cancel in advance. Didn't contact me to reschedule as of 24 hours later. Very unprofessional. I'll not apply for any future positions and will delete my candidate profile if this feature is available to me.

Resident Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mankato, MN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Mankato, MN).

Interview

I was first interviewed by the director then the nurse. It took about 2 hours. Most of the time was the director reflecting on her personal experiences as I answered the interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to inform management if I knew or herd about another employee stealing from the company or the residents.   1 Answer

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Brief & short was working the next day , was put on the schedule for orientation & got my uniforms & my clock in number , was in orientation for four days then I was on my own

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane Valley, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Spokane Valley, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

it was quick and easy. they were super friendly and provided a great environment. the whole process was very smooth. the manager was very informative and upbeat. I would definitely recommend brook dale to everybody.