Brookdale Senior Living Manager Sales and Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brookdale Senior Living Manager Sales and Marketing Interview Questions

2.7

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Received call from recruiter for initial telephone interview for screening purposes. After telephone interview, there is an in-person interview. Interviewers were very friendly and upfront providing helpful information re expectations and overall hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Q. (telephone interview) Review resume and relate experience to position   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

Anonymous Employee in Salina, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Salina, KS) in September 2015.

Interview

Relaxed, informative, personal, Lori (regional) and Jenni (ed) were present at the interview. I had meet both of them prior to my interview so that made it easier. I was already an employee of Brookdale.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to be in Sales   1 Answer

Sales and Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in May 2015.

Interview

Pretty quick, but thorough. Submitted online resume, ED called within a few days and invited me to interview. 4-5 days later 2nd interview with ED and District Director of Sales. Job offer 2-3 days later, drug test and background check. Reported for duty.

Interview Questions

• Mostly the typical questions.

Give an example of..... success, persistence, failure and how you overcame, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Once application is submitted, an HR representative from the corporate office interviews you via phone. Once that is completed and you go on to the next round, you have to meet with the Executive Director of the community you applied for. I met with both the ED and Regional Director of Sales and Marketing in one day. The process takes some time because you have to do a background check and live scan (finger prints) which the DOJ needs to clear you.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the best ideas you presented but failed to sell to a manager/supervisor/team leader/peer/client? What was your approach? Why didn’t it work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The ED presented a figure and since it was below what I was making at the time, I negotiated my counter offer. Came back with a satisfied figure and accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview and hiring process is a very strategic target selection process...It can be long and drawn out but this is to ensure the best fit for the position is hired, not just a "warm body"

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your supervisor asked you to do something that you did not agree with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not one...the pay and opportunity was much more than I could ask for.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2013.

Interview

Fairly quick, directors didn't ask many questions related to job. Asked very personal questions. She was late to the interview and seemed preoccupied during the entire interview. My paperwork was lost several times and I had to provide copies several times.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salina, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Salina, KS) in June 2010.

Interview

Went to a group panel interview and was very easy going.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing in the sales Process?   1 Answer
    • What is marketing?   2 Answers

Sales and Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in April 2012.

Interview

Oddest thing ever: Was contacted via email for a phone interview and requested 3 times when I was available. After I wrote right back that day, I never heard back. I wrote/called to follow-up numerous times over the next week and then was assigned a time another week out. I waited 45 minutes after the assigned interview time (yes, I checked and re-checked) and never got the call. I called the recruiter an hour after the appt. and followed up with 2 emails over the week and one more phone call. Then I received an email saying thanks but no thanks. HR/recruiting can do what they want but never forget that we are ALL in sales: what if I had a loved one that I was considering putting into an assisted living?! What this says is I would NEVER put a loved one in a place that has so little regard of people's time. Nor would I recommend it to anyone either. You didn't let ME down: I will find a career in senior living but you showed a terrible face to potential customers. Shame on you.

Sales and Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in December 2011.

Interview

Brookdale is highly committed to serving thier residents and thier families. The company starts with a phone interview, invites people individually for a behavior style interview approach, then interview withregional managers, then with team..There can be up to seven interviews. Definately background and drug testing. Compassionate people with a love of older folks is an imperative character strength. Nicecompany.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with working around people that you know will probably die during your employment?   2 Answers

Manager Sales and Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in October 2011.

Interview

Informal atmosphere. They asked basic interview questions, but it was important for them to know I enjoyed working with seniors.

Interview Questions

• What quality makes someone good in sales?   1 Answer