Brookdale Senior Living Resident Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

1.6

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Colorado Springs, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

Quick interview process. Applied the same day I got hired. Interview was short and brief. She barely asked questions about the job more so if I had any barriers on keeping me from coming to work.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Buford, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Came in, waited 2 hours until a management staff came out and said they forgot about me... Another person came and then interviewed me and said I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an elderly kept screaming or having issues?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Chattanooga, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

It took 3 weeks to get an interview. Then, it was about another month before all of the hiring process was complete so I could start training. You have to go through background checks, physicals, disease testing, drug testing, etc. Once you actually start training, you begin with about 16 to 20 hours for computer training. Then you have 3 days of shadowing another employee. All in all, it took about 6 weeks before I started actually getting paid for all of the time I spent getting hired.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Westerville, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Westerville, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Met with one manager. She asked me questions from a paper and wrote down my answers. It was a pretty basic interview. The questions were easy but the interview seemed robotic.

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Huntsville, AL) in April 2015.

Interview

the director of the building asked me the basic questions. ''do you have anything on your record?' ''have you done this type of work beofre'' and what shirfts are you willing to work

Interview Questions

• do you have anything on your record that i should be award of   1 Answer

Negotiation

they said they start people out as prn then depending on your job/work performance, they will hire you full time or part time

Resident Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview

It was a fairly easy interview. It was a phone screen and a one on one interview. I got hired the same day as the interview. The interview was very easy and the question were not hard to answer. The overall experience was very easy and anyone can get hired throught this company.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Loved it...i got to interview with all directors, they were very friendly that I even forgot that I was having a interview, there job was to make sure that they could possibly find a job for me. I would recommend to anybody who wants a place of employment, where they would enjoy work, and actually want to be there.

Interview Questions

• What positive attributes could you bring to this company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dartmouth, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Dartmouth, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Pretty quick interview process. Applied online then got a call to come in the following week. Because they need employees, you are hired on the spot. They take you around to view the cottage-style environment and after sit you down to fill out an application. Also a brief one on one conversation about your qualifying skills and an explanation of the job itself. I was asked if I was interested in possibly pursuing a different job title ( I guess they needed to feel that spot ASAP ) but I declined.

Resident Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in November 2014.

Interview

Just asked a few basic questions but needed me to start right away with little to no training because they are always so short staffed. Was kind of iffy on their training process but I guess there's not much they can do about that if they don't have enough people in the first place.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Portland, OR) in July 2014.

Interview

I was called shortly after posting my application and hired on the spot. Lengthy interview with some scenerio questions at the end. This place seems to be constantly hiring. The interview itself was very relaxed, friendly and easy as long as you are looking for a job where you really want to help people. After interview you go through three days of computer training and five days of buddy training.