Brookdale Senior Living Resident Care Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brookdale Senior Living Resident Care Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Brookdale Senior Living

1.9

Resident Care Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview

I applied on their company website, and was called for an interview just a few short days later. The Wellness Director (RN) conducted a very brief phone interview to narrow down what they had available and asked me some questions about my experience. I was invited to interview 1:1 with the Wellness Director, given a tour of the community, and asked more questions about my experience in healthcare. The interview consisted of basic interview-type questions that are common in CNA/Caregiver jobs. Pay and hours were discussed during this interview as well. The job offer was contingent upon negative TB test results, favorable reference checks, background check, and a negative drug screen. All very standard if you have experience in healthcare. All of the services were easy to access and paid for by the company. It was very efficient.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation between you and a resident/patient. How did you handle this?   Answer Question
  • How would you deal with a resident or patient with challenging “behaviors”?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate slightly due to my experience and was told that there are many ways to grow within the company.

Other Interview Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

Anonymous Employee in Citrus Heights, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Citrus Heights, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Face to face very easy interview. You first get an email, you commit to a date and time. And then you show up. If hired you will get a phone call and or email.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any caregiving experience?   1 Answer

Resident Care Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview

Fairly easy interview, took about 15-20 minutes to complete. They then showed you around the facility and let you know whether or not you got the job the before you left the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Maryville, TN).

Interview

Application was very lengthy but at the end I was asked if I had time to be interviewed right now. A very friendly lady talked with me then sent me for a drug test. It took over a week to get the background check back. I started training the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Portage, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Portage, MI).

Interview

I applied through Indeed. I had a simple phone screen and was asked to come in for an interview 2 days later at the end of the phone screen.
    I had to fill out an extensive application when I got there, and it took about 20 minutes. The interview was very conversational, and I was asked a few questions about prior experience with patients. I was offered the position at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to use specific tennents of their mission statement to assist a patient?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Tonawanda, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (North Tonawanda, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I found the posting on Indeed.com. I was in need of a job more closely related to what my career choice was, which I was going to school for Nursing to be a Regsitered Nurse. I got a call back within 3 weeks and had my interview the next day. I was very warmly greeted by the LPN that was hiring me, and we sat in this cozy little room where she gave me cupcakes and coffee and we just talked. She did give me some interview like questions, but for the most part she wanted to get a feel for what kind of person I was and if I would be a good fit personality wise for the job. She told me flat out that she really really liked me. When I got home, not even an hour later, I got a call back extending me the job offer. Very laid back. That is the kind of experience you want when working in a field like this.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to be a care associate?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Ogden, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call two days later. I came and had an interview with the business director that week. It was a very straightforward interview, they asked about my experience and assured me that I was very qualified and that they'd love to have me.

Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Okemos, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

One on one interview proceeds, moved very quickly. Asked general questions about qualifications. Asked about volunteer experience. Hired on the spot. Friendly management, interviewed in office. Trained for 2 weeks and then began working on the floor.

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Buford, GA).

Interview

Applied online at 9am and received a call to schedule an interview by noon. I went in and had to immediately fill out a paper application that took about 15-20 mins. I then met with the HR. She was extremely friendly and informative. It felt as if I was talking to an old friend.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Pay was good

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Memphis, TN) in February 2013.

Interview

Went to meet the manager in person at the facility. She didn't have an office set up yet at the time so we sat and talked in another part of the building. Very nice and laid back. No pressure.