Brookdale Senior Living Sales Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brookdale Senior Living Sales Counselor Interview Questions

2.7

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Detroit, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume after discussing with supervisor. Once a position at another community opened I sent my resume directly to the manager as well as posted on internal website. It took about a week for me to be called to interview. I interviewed with the manager and am now waiting for feedback from the interview to know what to do next. I am not sure how long the process will take at this point since it is the first position I'm applying for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background and why you want to apply for this position.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

Very intense (for them) 4 step interview process. First with the Recruiter, then the community Sales Manager, then the Sales Manager and Sales Team ( this was very informal as the Sales Manager had already made her mind up she wanted to hire me and actually called me 3 times asking if I could start sooner that I said I could as I wanted to give my current employer 2 weeks notice), then the Executive Director, Regional Sales manager and HR Director.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond to help satisfy a customers needs?
      Give us an actual situation you faced and how you help satisfy the customer.   Answer Question
    • How would you go about overcoming a price objection?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer who looked like they would never be satisfied with you help. How did you defuse the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The recruiter called me a day after the last Group interview to offer me. Istated that the salary was less than I anticipated based on my sales experoience and success. The recruiter asked me what I thought the position would pay and I told her. She said she would call me right back.5 minutes later my phone rang and the Recruiter said "congratulations they really must want you. They meet you salary request!"

Sales Counselor Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview

I was brought in for a one on one interview with the lady who'd be my direct boss. A couple days later I was called to set up a second interview - this time with the sales manager (again), regional marketing coordinator and the operations manager. At the end of that interview they invited me to meet the team. Meeting the team was bascially allowing everyone a chance to interview me. A fee days later I was contacted with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to help someone make a decision?   1 Answer
    • what attracted you to applying for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Richmond, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

came to location, interviewed by two managers, we talked for a long time about personal chit chat and then was given a tour of community. We liked each other and felt it would be a good match in helping with the sales process.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work here, what can you do to make my job easier, how do you work with people,   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate

Sales Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview

After submitting your application if they are interested you will be asked to visit with the immediate management of the community with the available opportunity. Next you will typically visit with the mid and then senior management. If they are looking to move forward you will take your drug test and then wait for the final offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you believe you would be successful with dealing with seniors? (obvious but it needs to make good sense and not be generic)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Know the market and know your worth, but be willing to build up to where you want to be by meeting management half way.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Sent resume via email responding to a job posting - asked to come in for an interview the next week. Had first interview, about 1 hour after left that interview I had a call to come in the next day for a second interview with the Executive Director and the person who would be the new Sales/Marketing Director. Two days after the second interview received a call from HR with an offer. Everyone was extremely nice during the whole process and professional.

Interview Questions

• Typical Sales/Marketing type questions - Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Sales Counselor Interview

Interview

Very easy conversation and interview process. Seemed very upbeat with a good overall atmosphere. Didn't really ask any difficult questions during my interview. Very upfront and positive.