Brookdale Senior Living Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

1.6

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview

phone interview then in person and then you wait and get a call back if you got the job or not. You will be interviewed by the dinning room manager in the dinning room . The place is not that great and interview dont last long

Interview Questions

• very basic interview questions   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Denver, CO).

Interview

Process takes about 2 weeks to get hired on. Drug testing includes marijuana. Nice relaxed environment. Usually a manager interviews and then an executive director. Must have open availability, and be willing to pick up shifts. Good job for a student

Interview Questions

• How do you perform under pressure?
      Why do you like to see from your manager?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Riverside, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through Indeed and got a call very soon. I went in for an interview with the manager in dining. Afterwards I got an interview over the phone with the executive director.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Carlsbad, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

First they gave me a call and offered me an interview. Went and they had this 30 min. conversation about if they should let me work there or not (because I'm 17) and then they told me to come back with an adult.
    Next interview, brought my guardian. They said I had to be 18. They basically wasted my time both times but they kindly said they were going to keep my resume.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in kitchen, serving, with food?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manlius, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Manlius, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was very easy. It was in-person with the dining manager and I was hired on the spot. It was all pretty self explanatory. Just a 1 on 1 interview, nothing fancy. I didn't even need to have any dining experience.

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Northbrook, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within three days via phone call. My employer set up a face-to-face interview later in the week. He led me to a separate room which I was interviewed in. The environment was very relaxed, and the interview felt very casual and conversational, although the dress code was shirt and tie, or blouse and black pants. Formal wear, casual interview. My employer was very flexible with schedule times and very informative.

Anonymous Employee in Spokane Valley, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Spokane Valley, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

it was quick and easy. they were super friendly and provided a great environment. the whole process was very smooth. the manager was very informative and upbeat. I would definitely recommend brook dale to everybody.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in August 2015.

Interview

Called in for interview i was told there were many applicants along with me and that it had been a busy day. That was not true. I was told i did well and was to be called for second was never called for that . But they hired me after one week

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be good for this job
      What are your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation drug test fingerprinting physical take about a week to complete

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

The hiring process is tedious no matter where you go; but this one flowed very well! HR and department heads seem to have great relationships and communication between them about me was consistent. I got a call from dept head the day I applied to come in for an interview; questions were to make sure you have a vested interest and "passion" for care taking and understand the empathy and personal investment it takes to take care of seniors. I enjoy all that stuff so the interview was great! HR head takes care of you from there; training, blood tests etc are required. Everyone is so friendly and open. You can sense the love and joy between the employees toward the commitment for what they do!

Interview Questions

• Criminal history, experience with seniors, availability, mostly candor about the hiring process! If you make sure it flows well and you know what you're talking about, it almost always goes well! Show that you have an honest interest in what they stand for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation; but after 6 months can be promoted or even apply for a different position altogether

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I was called in for an interview and met with the head of dining. We talked in the lobby about what I was looking for in a job. The lobby is nicely staged, residents often came to interrupt the interview causing us to move to the private room.

Interview Questions

• How long do you see yourself staying with this company?   1 Answer