Brookdale Senior Living Staff Development Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brookdale Senior Living Staff Development Coordinator Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Staff Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raymore, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Raymore, MO) in September 2010.

Interview

I was originally interviewed by just the ADON, as the DON was unavailable. It was a casual interview, as I felt very comfortable talking with her. It lasted about 30 minutes or so. I waited, as they were still interviewing for the position. I lacked the actual requirements they were looking for. I kept in contact with the ADON over the next few weeks. I told her to give me a chance to prove myself and she would not be disappointed. I finally received a call from the DON, who conducted a short phone interview. She explained she had previous issues with others she had hired for the position, being unable to conduct a good in-service. That was on a Friday. She asked me if I would be willing to put together an in-service and come in that following Monday and do a presentation. I said yes and spent all that weekend preparing for Monday. I was escorted to the classroom, where there were about seven other people in the room. I did my in-service on "Fall Prevention" and was immediately welcomed to Brookdale afterwards. It was extremely nerve racking!!

Interview Questions

• What did I see as my area that I needed more work on?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. The salary was told to me upfront and it was acceptable.