Brookfield Asset Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brookfield Asset Management Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brookfield Asset Management (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview for corporate audit services requires a short presentation given to senior management. Don't be nervous - the process was overall very pleasant and the people are great. They prefer accounting/finance students.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brookfield Asset Management (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

The first interview was with 2 individuals - the interview was an hour with each. Second round was a written case that you had to analyze and prepare in a powerpoint presentation format. The third interview is another interview with the CEO.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brookfield Asset Management (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process didn't take too long. There were two rounds, back to back. Very nice people. You'll meet with most members from the team. Mostly were behavioral questions. They didn't expect you to know too much technical stuffs.

PE Oil & Gas Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brookfield Asset Management (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

4 rounds:
    1) very technical interview, incl. stock pitch, key drivers of E&P model, how to value an E&P company, how to estimate the value that the new oil production will add to the company, questions about direct modeling experience, near-term investment recommendations, etc.
    2) excel case study + presentation: some key information for the case study was missing, the case study is very ambiguous, what is more, it is NOT on oil & gas, but rather on chilled water and steam system of a building as well as a solar park project! It took me 2 days to create it all. I am not sure if they themselves are aware of the shortcomings of their case study. I also do not know if they understand its complexity.
    3) another very technical interview. Similar questions to the 1st round. The key however was the ability to talk about the case study. They want you to confidently talk on the topic that you have little idea about. That tells me that this is probably the skill that you need to have for this job = use your confidence to compensate for the lack of knowledge or understanding. Some of the "right" answers on case study clearly contradict the case study description.
    4) another interview with top management (I did not get to this one).

Interview Questions

• What are the steps of the due diligence process for an oil & gas company?
      What is the main challenge for the PE company in finding new deals?
      1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brookfield Asset Management.

Interview

First round phone interview. Emailed with HR. Followed by a round of skype interviews with four one-on-one interviews. Then another round of interviews where it was three interviewers together. Whole process took about one month.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brookfield Asset Management (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and heard back almost immediately for an initial interview. First interview was with a manager and went well, was very quick in and out in 15 minutes. Got called back for a second interview with 3 different people and that also went well. Liked everything I heard, still awaiting to hear back about the opportunity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brookfield Asset Management (New York, NY).

Interview

First a phone interview then an in-person interview. In-person interviewed with four people in 30 minute time slots. No technical questions whatsoever. They were probably interviewing just to look at fit. The people were all pretty nice and chill, and no one ever really asked a question that wasn't on my resume.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brookfield Asset Management.

Interview

On campus resume drop and 2 rounds of phone interviews - 1 analyst and 1 vice president. All behavioral and / or fit based questions. Very few technical questions, limited only to more general intuitions.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brookfield Asset Management (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

This is a analyst role in BAM. Phone interview followed by in person interview by VPs Presentation on a telecommunication company followed by Q and A Questions are behavior and technical, challending, overall a good experience. Interviewers are very professional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brookfield Asset Management (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with four different people. Culture seemed a little stiff.