Brookhaven LAB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Assistant Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upton, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brookhaven LAB (Upton, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

several emails change and onsite

Interview Questions

• mostly behavioral, since technical skills were proved by my publications.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Interview

The process was very long. Had several interviews before hiring. HR took the time to explain the benefits and quality of programs offered at the Laboratory. Thought the Lab was closer to the city.

Clerical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upton, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brookhaven LAB (Upton, NY).

Interview

I sat one on one in HR to interview with the recruiter. I was then directed to the office/building of the position I was applying for. I interviewed with the manager and administrator that was hiring for the position. They expressed the position clearly, then they reviewed my resume, pointed out where they saw a good fit, asked me some follow up questions, clarified some resume bullets, inquired when I would be available if offered the position, showed me around the office/medical area, asked if I had any questions, shook my hand and stated that it was very nice to meet me. Even if I hadn't gotten the position they made me feel confident in my skills. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why am I leaving my current job?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brookhaven LAB.

Interview

Submitted application online, asked about GPA and some basic question; two short essays about why would you like to work in the lab and what project did you interested in. Got reply back after a month, and had a 20 min phone interview. got an offer three days after the phone interview

Interview Questions

• nothing difficult, the only question i can remember is "what's your favorite class and lease favorite class"   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookhaven, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brookhaven LAB (Brookhaven, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

First they did a phone interview. It was very short and unorganized on their side. Later when called back for the on site interview, a group of 4 people interviewed me and did not even know the phone interview took place. The on site interviewers asked a lot about the history of the lab. None of the questions seemed to pertain to the internship that was applied for. Very few technical questions were asked. Previous work experience was questioned about heavily.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brookhaven LAB.

Interview

Technical Questions, getting to know people

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brookhaven LAB in November 2015.

Interview

Filled in application online and then had a phone interview and then an interview with a recruiter and then with a hiring manager. Took a long time to get back to me with final decision.

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upton, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brookhaven LAB (Upton, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Human Resources interview was first. One on one with HR person. He set the expectations and benefits of working there. Then I met with the manager and team. They asked some good technical questions. Not too difficult but definitely would trip you up if you didn't have the experience the job required.

Interview Questions

• How are you with working under pressure?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upton, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Brookhaven LAB (Upton, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was typical. I was contacted about a month after I applied and first had a phone interview from someone in HR. I was then asked to schedule an on-site interview about a week later (if I'm remembering correctly). Brookhaven Lab is a huge place, but it was relatively easy to find where I needed to go. I interviewed in-person about 2 months after the phone interview (we kept having to reschedule due to the snow). I was interviewed by 3 employees. Interviewers were nice, asked typical questions, lasted about 30 minutes. I was contacted about a month later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the business structure of a National Laboratory?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upton, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brookhaven LAB (Upton, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

Meetings with many individuals. Tour of the facilities. Lunch with a group. Give a 1-hour seminar with very detailed discussion after the talk. The on-campus housing is minimal so don't expect a nice hotel room.