Brookhaven LAB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brookhaven LAB Interview Questions

Interviews at Brookhaven LAB

2.6

Process Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brookhaven LAB.

Interview

First was a video interview with those who I would be working with. Next about a week and a half I was invited to an on site interview first meeting with HR and then interviewing with a more technical group of interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Identify as many vacuum components on their chamber as I could.   Answer Question

Summer Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookhaven, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brookhaven LAB (Brookhaven, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

I just spoke with the head research directly to ask if I could work with him over the summer and if he had any grant money left to fund an intern. He said he would love to, and we chatted for a few weeks over he phone to see if I was fit.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions, and why you wanted to work as a research intern.   1 Answer

Gold Haber Fellow Interview

Interview

Find a mentor, submit a research proposal, get invterviewed, get hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation options

Physics Associate II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brookhaven LAB in June 2016.

Interview

I have applied online and the whole process took a few month. Phone interview was scheduled fast.
    I spoke to two people - one was a mechanical engineer and another one was a physicist. There were few questions regarding my background. Most of the interview was dedicated to explanation of my tasks and I was also asked to answer few physics related questions. Interviewers were very polite and helpful.

SULI Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upton, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brookhaven LAB (Upton, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

It's more of completing an application online. If you include all the things that you have done during undergraduate, all accomplishments, awards, project you have work on, then they evaluate it. The process is very competitive, therefore you have to give everything you can to answer their essay questions. You have to be a citizen in order to participate in SULI program.

Accelerator Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upton, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brookhaven LAB (Upton, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

It took several weeks from the first phone call to the on-site interview. The interview lasted from 9 AM to about 1:30. There were multiple interviews, including a presentation to a panel. The people were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• They asked several technical questions, mainly about electricity and magnetism.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Brookhaven LAB.

Interview

pretty good and goes nicely. the manager just asks a few questions about the work I did at school, no difficult questions at all. I got my offer like a month later

EHS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Upton, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brookhaven LAB (Mount Upton, NY) in February 2019.

Interview

It was a long interview. I first met with Hr and then met with the hiring committee. Just questions they read from a piece of paper. One of the interviewers had a skeptical look in his face. Very uncomfortable. They were engaging and I was honest about my responsibilities and my knowledge in the field. I was shocked that they selected someone else. I guess I was not worth the high salary they were offering. They need more diversity at their facility.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing you hated at your last job?   1 Answer

Technical Specialist Electronics TB Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upton, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brookhaven LAB (Upton, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

Applied on line. Was called by hiring manager. HR brought me in. Talked to engineers in the department. Spent a day at the lab.Applied on line. Was called by hiring manager. HR brought me in. Talked to engineers in the department. Spent a day at the lab.

Post Doc Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brookhaven LAB.

Interview

First apply for grant or funding. Telephone interview. Selected from a pool of candidates.