Brookhaven LAB Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brookhaven LAB Research Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Brookhaven LAB

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Upton, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Brookhaven LAB (Upton, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview was a two-tier process. First, a short-list was compiled and a phone interview was conducted. After the phone interview, an in person interview was scheduled. The in person interview lasted one day, and consisted of a series of 45 minute meetings with relevant current staff members, followed by a technical research presentation (1 hr). The hiring committee chair then took me out for lunch where we discussed any concerns or questions that I had. I received an offer letter several weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Given the scope of work expected to be included in this project, are you comfortable learning additional programming languages to suit a given situation, and what issues do you anticipate?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Brookhaven LAB

Anonymous Employee in Upton, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brookhaven LAB (Upton, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then got an request for phone interview after a month. Then after another 3 weeks, I was invited to a one-day on-site visit. I was asked to deliver a 1-hour presentation on my PhD thesis. Then there were several 30 minutes meetings with all the PIs on the proposal. One thing you should be aware of is that Brookhaven National Lab is located in very rural area. In the evening before your onsite interview, the only place to get some food is an automatic vending machine at the Guest Center. If you arrive on weekends, it might run out of stock. The research group will probably treat you to dinner for your on-site visit. However, if that's not in the plan, It might be a good idea to grab some to-go food from the airport.

I was the first candidate to be invited there and there were two other candidates whom they would like to see but hadn't worked out the schedule yet. So it took a bit long after my on-site visit before I got the offer. From the first phone interview, it took about 2 months.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brookhaven LAB in March 2014.

Interview

online phone interview over skype, 1 hours talking including 30 mins presentation and 30 mins conversation. presentation is about my PHD work. I changed my phd defense slides a little bit. then all group members (PIs) asked questions according to my PHD work. because of my strong publication, they decide to offer me a position after online talk. no more onsite interview.

Anonymous Employee in Upton, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brookhaven LAB (Upton, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

private interview with each principle investigator in the group, and gave an open talk to the research group and also the department.

Interview Questions

• No. Since it is postdoc job, not for companies, so no tricky questions, and no multi-level interviews.   Answer Question