Brooklyn Academy of Music Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brooklyn Academy of Music Interview Questions

Interviews at Brooklyn Academy of Music

2.7

Internship Interview

Interview

Applied online and was invited for an interview two weeks later. Did not receive position. The interview questions were predictable; however, it felt less like a conversation and more like a questionaire. We did not veer to much from the content on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you ran into a problem, describe your solution to the problem, discuss what you learned from the problem-solving   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brooklyn Academy of Music.

Interview

Met with both hr and several managers of different departments. Everyone was very friendly and supportive. Least stressful interview I've ever had. Great experience with questions not designed to trip you up.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brooklyn Academy of Music (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

First you get a phone interview, and then you get offered a second one to meet in person. They give you a brief tour and ask a few questions. I got offered a job pretty quickly, like in a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brooklyn Academy of Music (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I met with two of the hiring managers for the interview. They were very polite and I didn't feel overwhelmed in the interview. I did, however trip up over one question asking the reason for my transition into a different industry. I'm sure that is the reason for me not getting the position. Otherwise, it was a good interview and the conversation was flowing.

Marketing Interview

Interview

Came across a posting for a position at BAM on the day it was posted. From my POV I thought I had the experience and background for what the wanted, if anything I exceeded what they were looking for. After submitting my information an resume I got a response thanking me for applying. About 15 mins after that I got an email thanking me but letting me know they were going with candidates who were a better match for the position. To this day it's the quickest rejection I've ever received from an application. I suppose props should be given to their HR team, they are apparently very proficient at what they do.

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Brooklyn Academy of Music.

Interview

Took forever to receive an opportunity to interview. Interview was strange. It was me literally staring at my at my webcam answering questions. Not a Skype interview. Recording myself. Oh, and then 2 months later I was told I didn't get the internship.

MBA Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brooklyn Academy of Music.

Interview

More of a conversation. Wanted to understand fit and background. Asked about progression through work and school, and what about my skill-set/ background would add value to BAM. Wanted to understand strengths and weaknesses.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brooklyn Academy of Music (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied and the next day I got an email wanting me to do a web interview basically me answering 3 questions and then I uploaded than I received an email saying they would keep in touch . It’s been 2 weeks now still no word . Should I email and ask them .

Benefit Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brooklyn Academy of Music (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

It took me 4 hours to apply this job on-line since a lot of questions, such as talk about your past experience about benefit specialist, HRIS, and HR database system, why BAM, education experience, why non-profit organization and so on. Then I received an email about my interview schedule two days later. In my opinion, if you want to get an interview opportunity, you must finish all of the questions clearly and integrated.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brooklyn Academy of Music.

Interview

Applied online, then was asked to answer 3 questions via video. I was invited in for an interview. Very pleasant experience, nice atmosphere. The HR team made you feel extremely comfortable.