Brooksource Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.5

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Brooksource.

Interview

Pre night the night before on campus interviews. The on campus interviews are very conversational and they make you feel comfortable, they just want to get to know you. They do kind of lead you on and make you feel very confident in the process. You give a desired location, and shortly after an internal recruiter from that location follow up. Some people have another phone interview with the internal recruiter (like another first round) and some don't and the internal recruiter just connects them to their desired office. They try to get you to go on site for the next interview, they aren't very transparent about what stage of the interview process this on-site is (which is frustrating because they don't reimburse for travel, so it can get costly to go on-site and not know if you will need to potentially return for another round or if this is the final round, etc.). This interview was just in a small room and the manager came in with a list of behavioral/situational questions. The questions kind of felt like a trap, and wasn't able to give them a clear picture of if I would be the correct fit for the job. For some people this is the final round, for others it's not. I guess its dependent on the process of whatever office you are interviewing with. The next round would be a shadowing day and going out to lunch.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you did not like a rule but had to conform to it anyway   1 Answer
  • what would your manager say your strengths/weaknesses are   1 Answer
  • tell me about a time you had to deliver bad news and how you handled it   1 Answer
  • what could the manager you avoided could have done differently to improve   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Brooksource

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brooksource (Charlotte, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

Contacted through e-mail, went through phone interview then met in person. The in-person interview was awkward and unimpressive. Very, very in-depth questions about experiences and personal life. The staff was not friendly and did not feel welcome there.

Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brooksource in February 2011.

Interview

Notified by email about 1:1 interview. basic interview questions asked but expected elaborate answers. Asked about specific things on my resume and how to specifically apply my experiences to Brooksource. Interviewer was very unfriendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you failed. What did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brooksource (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview was very smooth and the process took about 30-45 minutes. We talked about my resume and my experience mostly as well as what I like about the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you strive to be in 5 years? what did you gain from your last job/internship?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brooksource.

Interview

Campus interview, basic questions getting to know you. The interviewers were really nice and the whole thing was very conversational. Got to learn more about the company and whether the candidate would mesh well with the company culture.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brooksource (Bloomington, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with them on campus through my school. They had a "learning session" on campus a couple days before interviews began and really sold the company to me. They had multiple employees at the session who talked about their own experiences and gave a realistic view of the company. I enjoyed the interview as well. I was interviewed by two employees, who were upbeat and made me feel comfortable. I would've accepted the offer if it was offered to me.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the most important things that you learned in college?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brooksource (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was recruited after giving out my resume at a career fair, from there I was asked to do a phone interview and then do an interview in person. I was interviewed by the manager and then by two different employees. The interviewers were all very nice and engaging, the questions were not too challenging and I felt welcome at the company. I would recommend researching the company before you come to the interview, there are several questions about what the company does and what your position would be.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brooksource (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2015.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with an internal recruiter, then they brought me into the Indy office for a 3 hour interview with 2 rounds of behavioral questions with some current employees. Questions were pretty general and not overall difficult although 3 hours is a long interview so make sure you are prepared to be there for a while. Everyone was easy to talk to and friendly.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Brooksource.

Interview

I walked in and of course arrived about 5 minutes early. I was walked into the conference room where I then sat for 15 minutes by myself. The guy interviewing me then came in, asked me several questions and walked out. Then came in 2 people to interview me and they were very personable. Overall the interview was ok. Not the kind of place I would want to work at.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brooksource (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

First a lady from HR sends a mass email to all business students telling them about the company and that they would be a good fit. Met with someone at the career fair then got an on-campus interview. The night before the interview they hold a pre-night session which I would recommend especially if you are unfamiliar with how staffing firms work.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, what do you think is most important on here.   Answer Question