Brooksource Technical Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brooksource Technical Recruiter Interview Questions

Interviews at Brooksource

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Norristown, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Brooksource (Norristown, PA) in April 2011.

Interview

Initially applied through college recruiting system. Received an email about an introductory dinner and info session at a local restaurant. The next day was the interview, which included some typical interview questions but was mostly a personality test. After passing the first interview we were invited into the office for a day long second interview. Everyone there was young and fairly new to the industry, and that was a more traditional interview process. After about a week the offers were sent out.

Interview Questions

• "Coming out of college, how do you plan on managing the people you recruit for positions especially if there are problems at their individual work places going on at the same time?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Coming out of college, there was no negotiating.

Other Interview Reviews for Brooksource

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brooksource (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Came across Brooksource at a campus career fair, I spoke with two of their reps and was told they would be contacting me about an info session and scheduling an interview. About a month later I received an e-mail saying they would like to set up an interview for about 2 weeks later. There was an information session with two local employees the night before which was helpful since they explained the position I was interviewing for and gave more insight into the company. They also provided a few tips for the interview including: "just have a good conversation." My interview was with the head of the office and lasted about a half an hour. It was actually a nice break in my day, the interviewer was incredibly friendly and we had a good conversation. I was invited to come into the office for a second round right at the end of my first interview.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brooksource (Atlanta, GA) in September 2012.

Interview

We usually hire on college campuses during their career fair. The interviews start from this point and progress to an office interview where you get to meet all of the employees in that market.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brooksource (Atlanta, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

Participated in two interviews, one on campus and one in the office. The office environment seemed casual and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interview questions were situational questions (Ex. describe a time when...) and there was nothing out of the ordinary. One question they asked that I wasn't expecting was "On a Saturday, what are you doing at 10:00 am and 10:00pm?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brooksource (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by someone at their Corporate office to do an on-campus interview with the company. The person I talked to pretty much sold me on the company because of personality on the phone, which is hard to do. I then attended the information session where I watched two videos about the company, and learned a little about the corporate culture of Brooksource. I left feeling a little more at ease going into my interview the next day because the guys doing the information session were fairly laid back. The next morning at my interview it was very informal, in a good way. I interviewed with an alumn of my school so we talked about everything from my professional life to my social life to my family life. He was extremely welcoming and helped the nerves subside. The thing that stood out to me the most was the enthusiasm he displayed when talking about Brooksource. I asked what he liked the most about working for Brooksource and he couldnt stop listing off things. The passion and love for the company was shown in both representatives, which was a huge selling point for me. Recruiting isn't something I ever considered going into, but it was the personality of the employees I had contact with that convinced me otherwise. When I went to the actual office for my second interview everyone welcomed me with enthusiasm and was eager to get to know me, even before the interview started. The enviornment in the office was very friendly and it was very easy to tell that everyone enjoyed each others company in the office. Work hard play hard is their motto, and it shows through their successes and their employees.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brooksource (Charlotte, NC) in October 2012.

Interview

Depending on how you find out about the company, the interview process will be different. If you meet us at a college Career Fair (likely), then it will be a first round, on-campus interview. If you learn about us from a different source, it will likely be a phone interview with our internal recruiter. Next, it will be a second round in one of our offices. Interview with approximately 3 people--manager, senior recruiter, and sales person. Lots of behavioral questions and trying to get to know personality. May have an office tour/shadowing session at the end.

Interview Questions

• Prepare to answer behavioral questions about leadership, work ethic, teamwork, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brooksource (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Originally found out about Brooksource through a career fair. Went through 1st round of interviews with an Account Manager from an office closer to the university I attended. Once advancing to the face-to-face round in Chicago (my desired location), I was contacted by the office manager to set-up a time. After driving back for the weekend for the interview, the office was under construction, the manager was late, and so were the account managers who asked very similar, repetitive behavioral questions as well. The round trip was 600 miles, in which none of was reimbursed. I did receive an offer and for some reason accepted and took the leap of faith - like most people who receive offers and are without a job out of school.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, as it was all behavioral based. Examples were: name a time when you were put in a difficult situation and had to make a decision quickly; name a time when you were placed in a situation with no previous knowledge of how to come up with a solution, yet you thought on your feet and were satisfied with the result; etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation that took place, although I regret not asking for a few more dollars - as $36,000/year isn't a high base salary for Chicago, although you can make it work.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brooksource (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. There was a general phone screen that lasted maybe 30 min. The in person interview was too long. You'll be interviewed by the Office Manager, and some Sr. Recruiters. The whole process will last about 3 hours.

You'll get an offer if you have any type of social skills. They seem to hire someone they would want to hang out with.

Interview Questions

• None, the same questions are asked for every employee. They are very general and at time redundant.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation - the base pay varies from city to city by a few thousand. However, it will ALWAYS be in the low $30K range.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brooksource.

Interview

I attended an initial on-campus interview at my university which lasted about 15 minutes. It was super casual, I felt like I was talking to a friend not being interviewed. I was then asked to meet at their Atlanta office and speak with a few executives. This was an all day interview with different rounds meeting different people, which was pretty exhausting but nothing out of the ordinary. The team was very friendly and young. One thing which was pretty bizarre was after every question they asked me I had to return a question for them. I came with about 4-5 questions prepared and had to come up with more on the spot

Interview Questions

• Why Recruiting vs Sales? What are you most/least proud of?   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brooksource in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn to an internal hire recruiter job posting. I received an email the next day to setup time for a phone interview, which took place a few days later. Phone conversation was great and the recruiter was friendly and easy to talk to. Second interview was in person at the office location that I wanted to work. I stepped into the office and was greeted promptly by someone. I was brought into a conference/interview room and chatted with them for a few minutes. Next person I talked to was the office manager. After the office manager, I was interviewed by two recruiters. After that, the office manager came back in to wrap things up. The initial internal hiring recruiter said to allow up to 2 hours, but my interview was 3 hours, which I didn't mind at all because all conversation flowed naturally.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to be resourceful in solving a problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Everyone starts out at the same pay rate and position. I did not accept right away because I had to figure out a few things. I also called the office manager to ask questions before accepting. My advice is to ask all questions before accepting and make sure that this is something you want. The company as a whole, no matter the location, works hard and strategize to work smart. You have to be willing to adapt, learn, and push yourself personally and professionally.