Brookstone Second Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.6

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brookstone (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I went into the store to see if the location was hiring. Upon finding out that it was, I applied online, and after giving a couple of follow-up calls, I was called in for an interview. The manager was an excellent interviewer and asked in-depth and thoughtful questions about my retail and customer service experience. If you are considered for the position, you will have a secondary interview with another store manager from the region.

Interview Questions

• If you had a customer that had a complaint, how would you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brookstone.

Interview

Interview was very basic. Basic questions asked by many employers. The stores I worked at always had a need for people so if you answered the questions fairly, you were most likely hired. They even hired those without any experience so you may have to answer questions using your own judgment.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brookstone (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Very basic, 2 people interviewed me, asked me questions about my work experience, why I wanted to work with the company, and where I wanted to go. My answers were sufficient and my character is rather outgoing so I got hired. I wasn't very impressed by the depth of the questions, but I guess that is what you get when you don't have a job with depth.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Brookstone in June 2016.

Interview

Went in and applied on a Thursday and spoke briefly with the store manager. Got a call the next day and went in for an interview later on that day. Interviewed with store manager for about an hour. He offered me the job on the spot and I accepted. Offered at $13/hr. Process took literally 2 days.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brookstone (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

Actually had one of my best friends call me and say they were looking for someone to become a part time manager at their location. I was called pretty shortly after by their manager as a referral. Simple questions. Had a two interviews. Got it. Job offered. Done.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brookstone (Portland, OR) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview was simple and straightforward. Store managers were warm and excited about bringing me on management. Hiring took longer, waiting on numbers and approvals from corporate- very awkward lack of communication between my interview and asked to papers and my first day.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brookstone (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

I received an on-the-spot interview while browsing at the local Brookstone in the mall. After being approached by the manager about a product, I casually mentioned that I was looking for a job. She talked to me about the Second Assistant Manager position they had opened to make sure I was interested.

Interview Questions

• She had me sell her something on the floor on the spot.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brookstone (Burlington, MA) in August 2012.

Interview

I went into the mall applying to different places, Brookstone being one of them. I introduced myself to the manager, asked if I could get an application, and drop off my resume. The manager seemed happy that I was applying and told me about the positions available. After I came back a few hours later with the application filled out, I talked to the manager again and we set up a time for an interview. I had an interview with the 1st assistant manager (the same guy I meet in the store) It lasted about an hour, but a lot of time was spent talking about Brookstone and company policy. I really felt like he was introducing me to the company. He ask some of the common retail questions like how have you dealt with an upset customer etc. About 45 minutes into the interview, he told me that he was going to have me interview with the store manager and that I had is full recommendation. At the end of the interview, he asked me to sell him a little flash light that he brought from the store. The interview with the store manager was relaxed, he asked me some of the same questions, but went a little more in depth. It lasted about 90 minutes, because we really connected and talked about the company. He told me that he had a meeting with the regional manager tomorrow and he would call me to let me know if I got the job. He called me the next day and told me that I would make a great fit. Then I asked about benefits and rate of pay. He said he could offer me $11.50. I asked if he could make it $12 and he had to make a call. Later he called me back with my offer of $12 per hour. I accepted. The end.

Interview Questions

• What is your retail management experience and how many employees have you had under you?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle a difficult employee?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated a $.50 increase from the offered salary. It was approved in about an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brookstone (Buford, GA) in September 2011.

Interview

The company is very professional and clear in their direction.

Interview Questions

• How well do you get along with your co-workers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Know what you want.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brookstone in April 2011.

Interview

Working at Brookstone is like working with your next family, so it lasted over an hour.

Interview Questions

• What's the last difficult situation you found yourself in at your last job? How did you handle it?   Answer Question