Brookstone Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.0

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brookstone (Scottsdale, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied early in the morning, a few hours after I noticed a listing, got a call back from the hiring manager about 2 hours later scheduling an appointment for the next day.

The interview was super relaxed. I didn't dress up and I didn't feel penalized for it either. It was standard questions, asking about my availability, who I am as a person, and my previous educational experience.

Since I didn't have previous sales experience he told me to try and sell something to him, I chose my phone and talked up its features and such.

Recieved an offer the same day.

Dress code is also: solid black shoes, any(?) jeans, and a solid black shirt with no design on it, preferably with a collar.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Brookstone

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Brookstone (Natick, MA).

Interview

Submitted an application, was called about a week later, was interviewed a couple of days later in the back room of the store, then was offered the job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brookstone (Grand Rapids, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by the first assistant manager for about 15-20 minutes. He asked basic interview questions regarding my interest in the position and my work integrity. For an interview, it was pretty straight forward and easy.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brookstone (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Quick hiring process; held at Lenox Sq mall; both Regional Director/Managers held interviews. Asked standard questions, etc.

A two round process, and a background check; along with a personality quiz as final selection.

The whole procedure was convincing enough to be hired on the spot at the mall and give preference of location of work station. After hiring the process became cumbersome, tedious, distant, and lack enthusiasm needed to continue providing quality CS service to public.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you would make a great fit, etc?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brookstone (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

The company laid out that the position was seasonal, and described the types of products that I would be demonstrating and selling. They described the Brookstone attitude of offering unique products at benchmark prices. The one issue was that I had to press them to figure out the position was not a part-time position, and upper management needed to make that statement more clear.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brookstone (San Diego, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Very quickly was hired, a fifteen minute interview and next day was hired. General Manger was very nice and gave flexible hours, asked many common questions and a people person.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brookstone (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. The manager asked the basic questions like "tell me about yourself." What kind of threw me off was when he asked "sell me something." But overall, the interview went well and lasted 15-20 mins.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brookstone.

Interview

It was a on the spot interview, walked in with resume in hand. I was asked to pick up product and sell both a sales associate and manager on the item.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Super easy, but then again, I was a rehire. I started with the company in 2013 and made my return this year. I met with my former manager and he basically told me what has changed with the company and then told me I was rehired. I remember my first interview was also pretty simple. Just make sure to bring your resume. They really like when you do it. I think Brookstone is probably the easiest place to apply and get a job with.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work at Brookstone.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brookstone.

Interview

Very friendly. Felt very comfortable talking to interviewer. Felt very respected when being asked questions. Mainly asked questions about your personality. They are trying to see if you are willing to talk about yourself and keep a conversation going.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation really. When applying online be sure to look at the average pay of employees at the workplace. I was getting paid below average.