Brookstone Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 52 of over 133 interviews

Employee Referral8%
1.9
HardAverageEasy

Brookstone

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Brookstone

Interview

Interview was straightforward. I was asked questions about my personality and hobbies. Interviewer was more focused on getting to know who I am. Interview was not difficult in any way.

Interview Questions
  • When are you available to work?
    Answer Question

Brookstone

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Brookstone

Interview

Super casual interview held at the mall food court where the Brookstone was. My interviewer was totally nice a relaxed person. It was only about a 15-20 minute process to get through everything and get to know what I would be doing.

Interview Questions
  • Retail experience, if it was my first job, extracurriculars, etc.

Brookstone

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Brookstone

Interview

Easy, they asked you very basic questions. The job was for a sales position and therefore the questions were sales based. The interview was 1 on 1 and very laid back. I heard back immediately

Interview Questions
  • What makes you a good leader? How would you benefit this company? What makes you stand apart from others?

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brookstone (Scottsdale, AZ) in Jun 2017

Interview

Applied early in the morning, a few hours after I noticed a listing, got a call back from the hiring manager about 2 hours later scheduling an appointment for the next day. The interview was super relaxed. I didn't dress up and I didn't feel penalized for it either. It was standard questions, asking about my availability, who I am as a person, and my previous educational experience. Since I didn't have previous sales experience he told me to try and sell something to him, I chose my phone and talked up its features and such. Recieved an offer the same day. Dress code is also: solid black shoes, any(?) jeans, and a solid black shirt with no design on it, preferably with a collar.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brookstone (Jersey City, NJ) in Feb 2017

Interview

My interview was five minutes long, where I had to talk about my strengths. Afterwards I had to sell any product of my choice and then I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Brookstone (Natick, MA)

Interview

Submitted an application, was called about a week later, was interviewed a couple of days later in the back room of the store, then was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Brookstone (Grand Rapids, MI) in Aug 2016

Interview

I was interviewed by the first assistant manager for about 15-20 minutes. He asked basic interview questions regarding my interest in the position and my work integrity. For an interview, it was pretty straight forward and easy.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Brookstone (Edison, NJ) in Jun 2016

Interview

Very relaxed. Requested a paper application in-store and received a call for an interview. The interview was also conducted in-store, and I was offered the job on the spot (they were rather desperate for workers).

Interview Questions
  • If you found you had downtime in the store, how would you spend it?

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brookstone (Atlanta, GA) in Apr 2016

Interview

Quick hiring process; held at Lenox Sq mall; both Regional Director/Managers held interviews. Asked standard questions, etc. A two round process, and a background check; along with a personality quiz as final selection. The whole procedure was convincing enough to be hired on the spot at the mall and give preference of location of work station. After hiring the process became cumbersome, tedious, distant, and lack enthusiasm needed to continue providing quality CS service to public.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you feel you would make a great fit, etc?

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Brookstone (Plano, TX) in Mar 2016

Interview

I spoke to the Store Manager who asked me about my experience. Then he asked me to walk around the store and find something I thought I could sell and try to make him purchase it. I guess I succeeded because he told me he liked me enough for the second interview (which is done by a different manager). After the second interview, he said the GM would call me with the schedule.

Interview Questions
  • The second manager asked me about my hobbies and my 5-year plan. He also asked me how I planned to benefit the company.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 52 Interviews