Brookstone Second Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brookstone Second Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Brookstone

2.3

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brookstone.

Interview

Mainly questions based on customer interactions and scenarios. Recommend wearing all black business attire. Be clean cut (facial hair and hair) no tattoos and piercings. Can be very awkward as well.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had a bad experience with a customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Brookstone

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brookstone (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview was a breeze. Found it to be really dumb though. Two interviews. First one with a first assistant manager and second one with the store manager. They ask you general retail questions and afterwards tell you if they’re interested that they’ll call you in about a week. They called me not even 15 min out of my interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a stressful customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brookstone (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Process took about a week. Had two interviews, first one was quick and easy. Second interview was little bit harder because it was with the actual hiring manager (who was two hours late, might I add.) Detailed questions about what you’ll do in certain situations and your sales experience.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brookstone (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I went into the store to see if the location was hiring. Upon finding out that it was, I applied online, and after giving a couple of follow-up calls, I was called in for an interview. The manager was an excellent interviewer and asked in-depth and thoughtful questions about my retail and customer service experience. If you are considered for the position, you will have a secondary interview with another store manager from the region.

Interview Questions

• If you had a customer that had a complaint, how would you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brookstone (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Very basic, 2 people interviewed me, asked me questions about my work experience, why I wanted to work with the company, and where I wanted to go. My answers were sufficient and my character is rather outgoing so I got hired. I wasn't very impressed by the depth of the questions, but I guess that is what you get when you don't have a job with depth.

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Brookstone in June 2016.

Interview

Went in and applied on a Thursday and spoke briefly with the store manager. Got a call the next day and went in for an interview later on that day. Interviewed with store manager for about an hour. He offered me the job on the spot and I accepted. Offered at $13/hr. Process took literally 2 days.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brookstone (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a very relaxed setting. I was asked a variety of questions based on different possible scenarios. Seemed pretty simple and straight forward. The manager was down to earth and took the time to listen to my answers while discussing ethics, management, and sales.

Interview Questions

• How competitive are you on a scale of 1-5?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brookstone (San Antonio, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

2 Part interview process
    One with Assistant Manager
    Second with Store manager

I wasn't able to do the second interview in person so I did it over the phone and it still wnt great

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral Questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brookstone (Portland, OR) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview was simple and straightforward. Store managers were warm and excited about bringing me on management. Hiring took longer, waiting on numbers and approvals from corporate- very awkward lack of communication between my interview and asked to papers and my first day.

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brookstone.

Interview

Interview was very basic. Basic questions asked by many employers. The stores I worked at always had a need for people so if you answered the questions fairly, you were most likely hired. They even hired those without any experience so you may have to answer questions using your own judgment.