Brother Industries Interview Questions in Bridgewater, NJ | Glassdoor

2.6

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Digital Project Manager, DCoE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brother Industries (Bridgewater, NJ).

Interview

Sent in application, heard from HR within a few days. Did an initial phone screen then had a phone interview with HR which went well. They said next step would be to meet with the hiring Mgr in person.

After a couple weeks of not hearing anything, I got a form email saying I did not meet the requirements for the role, except the role the email mentioned was a different role than I applied for! Emailed HR to ask about the role that I had actually applied for, and was told it had been filled internally.

It seems like they are pretty disorganized.

Interview Questions

• Experience and situational questions, like "tell me about a time where something didn't go right with a project and what you did to fix it"   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brother Industries (Bridgewater, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

I heard back after I sent in my resume within a few days.

I first had a phone screening with HR who said that the manager of the sales team saw my resume and was very excited to speak with me.

I spoke with the manager the following day for 15 minutes, I asked a lot of questions and they wanted to bring me in for an in person interview. I had an in-person interview the following day in Bridgewater, NJ.

I arrived early with copies of my resume, and first met with the manager who didn't have any questions for me. I then met with the director of sales who also didn't have many questions for me and then lastly with HR who said they would let me know in a few weeks.

I wish I had asked to see where I would be sitting, more about the products I would be selling &c., though I felt I had all of my questions answered on the phone (I had made a list). I emailed both the manager and HR and then left a message inquiring about where they were in the process, if I could begin studying all of the products I would be selling further.

HR responded a few days later saying they decided to pursue other candidates.

Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Brother Industries (Bridgewater, NJ).

Interview

Interview process was very positive, quick and efficient. Really enjoyed meeting everyone from the recruiter, director, and hiring manager. Process started recruiter contacting me; coaching me on what to say and write in emails. Asked current salary, etc. Then invited in with a quick MS office test very easy if you know basics well. Followed by 2 interviews each 30-45 min long. A week later an offer was made and negotiations were accepted. After one back and forth offer accepted. Pleasant experience overall. Could definitely tell in body language that I would get offer before they gave me verbal. Tip: Be very energetic and engaged; demonstrate initiative throughout entire process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

One back and forth

Marketing Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Brother Industries (Bridgewater, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

Long! Took over three months! Had three phone interviews and two face to face interviews along with writing business proposal. Was told I was one of two Final candidates for the position. After submitting proposal, never heard from them. Followed up and was told there was no interest and that they were still interviewing other candidates. Felt like they were "collecting proposals" to use but not hire anyone. Very disappointed in the whole process and would not apply with Brother International again.

Interview Questions

• Asked for business proposal because it was down to 2 candidates. Never heard from them again. Followed up and told neither was accepted and they would look for more candidates.   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brother Industries (Bridgewater, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

The interviewers were honest, open and friendly when introducing the culture of the company. They also explained to detail what the expectations are of the role. The schedule ran smoothly and I never felt as if anything was out of place. Communication was seamless throughout the hiring process. I knew step by step what was expected of me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had an issue and how did you go about resolving it.   Answer Question

Field Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brother Industries (Bridgewater, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

I went through at least 4 phone interviews, which were very basic and getting to know one and other but were completely unnecessary considering they were 30 minutes each. The phone interviews that took almost 2 months because they were constantly changing the date and time. After completing the 4 interviews you go in and have to make a presentation on any brother product. This was harder than you think considering how much could you say about a printer without being repetitive and boring. After the presentation you go and meat the VP of sales and if all goes well they offer you the job.

They also claim its a sales position yet youre actually a field merchandiser for at least a year. This is basically doing tradeshows and presenting the product. You also get no commision. It is 35k salary with driving up to 100 miles a day.

In my opinion it would save everyone in the process time and money if there were not as many phone interviews. One or two phone interviews is enough before having to go in for a face to face.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brother Industries (Bridgewater, NJ) in September 2012.

Interview

I was first given a three-part copywriting test. I was asked to edit a poorly written release, and write marketing material based on given specifications. I passed these tests and then was invited to interview with a marketing executive, followed by an interview with the HR manager. I thought the interview with the executive went very well, and was then introduced to the rest of the marcomm team before being handed over to the HR manager.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have a particularly difficult boss?   1 Answer

Major Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Brother Industries (Bridgewater, NJ) in March 2012.

Interview

I was recruited by an Independent Contractor across the country. I dealt exclusively with him for over a month. i eventually had a face to face interview with my future boss that was easy. After this, more dealings with the Independent Contractor. Eventually, I was flown out to Corporate in NJ and interviewed with 3 VP's. I received offer through the Independent Contractor. Process lasted about 45 days.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really out of the ordinary. Most of the interview process was dialogue more than question after question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation other than requesting a day off I needed.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brother Industries (Bridgewater, NJ) in May 2011.

Interview

Interview process involved meeting hr, bosses and 2 co-workers. Interview questions from boss were direct. Interviews with coworkers were very relaxed, friendly. Was asked back for a second interview. 2nd interview involved meeting 2 bosses at the same time.