Broward County Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Broward County Schools

2.5

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Broward County Schools (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

You have to have the best resume, experience,and good language skills. Try to hand in your resume to the principal, make sure to be nice, acknowledge the students around and look well the posters.

Interview Questions

• 3 or 4 people will be interviewing you. How to handle an unexpected act from a violent student?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none negotiation.

Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Broward County Schools (Weston, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the supervisor of aftercare. Afterwards I had a formal interview at the school. The years of experience as well as prior functions at the previous job where asked.

Biology Teacher Interview

Interview

The online application is time consuming and extensive. I attended the Teacher Requirement job fair in fort lauderdale. At the event I was offered a position after interviewing.

Interview Questions

• What formal teaching experience do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broward County Schools (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

The principal said she wanted to "meet" with me and said to bring a resume. I showed up to the school and I went into her office where there were four other staff and administrators. It felt like a bit of an interrogation except for the fact that they were extremely nice and polite. It was not a difficult interview, but it caught me off guard having multiple people there.

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Broward County Schools (Plantation, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

It was not difficult. When answering questions, just use your experience of working with students, parents, and administration. The principal made me feel very comfortable. I had a one on one interview with the principal. I was lucky enough not to have a panel interview me,

Interview Questions

• What do you know about data? What is your classroom management? How do you communicate with parents regularly? What makes you a good fit for our company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Broward County Schools (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the Applitrack system. I was called in for seven interviews within two weeks. I was offered a job the first day, and confirmed it--fingerprinting, signed contract--a week and a half later. Only one other school contacted me to say that I had not been selected and wished me luck in search. The other six schools said nothing. A friends said that is so they can contact me in the middle of the year when people quit.

Interview Questions

• How skilled are you at teaching the standardized testing skills?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broward County Schools (Miami, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

it was a face to face meeting at the school. Then, my school leaders came in and asked more questions. Then, I met the team leader and other members of the group

Teacher Interview

Interview

The process was straightforward. You should research the school and possibly the data for the subject for that school you want to teach. You can than talk about your qualities and how you will be an asset at the school. Also, what else can you add to the school?

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Broward County Schools (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

Pretty straight forward, they want to
    Know your teaching philosohy, are you good with kids and what do specialize in. Its like a typical
    Interview. Just relax and answer the questions. It depends on whom is interviewing you. Smile and be positive. This industry needs kore people who are passionate about the position. If you are here for a check, you wont last long. This is one of the types of jobs where you can get burned out quickly.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about yourself?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really wasnt.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Broward County Schools (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

Subbed at a school and then was interviewed by principal for next school year. He was joined by guidance counselor, AP and a couple teachers who would be on my future team. After being approved by principal, I had to go downtown to go through the actual hiring process with the school board.

Interview Questions

• Philosophy of teaching; experience with low performers; data showing student gains   Answer Question