Brown Advisory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

2.7

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown Advisory (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

HR contacted me by email on a Thursday asking times and dates I am available. I responded immediately and got a response the following Tuesday. We scheduled a phone interview for Wednesday at 9am, but HR never called. HR later emailed and apologized and asked for more dates and times. I responded immediately and still haven't heard back from HR.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brown Advisory in April 2017.

Interview

on-campus interview through university's career site; the initial interview was very personality-based with questions such as tell me about yourself, why finance, where do you see yourself in the future, what motivates you.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brown Advisory (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online in late september, they got back with email a couple days after offering a Q&A panel. A few weeks after that, I was invited to a 20 minute phone interview with Junior Analyst. He asked really general questions that assessed if I was a good fit with the company. Second round interviews were then offered a couple weeks after. The final offer was finalized in early to mid November.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, why Brown Advisory, what got you into the field you are in?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown Advisory in January 2015.

Interview

This was the first round of interviews and thus was a screening interview. I was interviewed by one previous intern who accepted full-time positions upon completion. They were very friendly and sounded like they really enjoyed the firm. Pretty relaxed conversation and straightforward questions (why asset management, why brown advisory, etc).

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume? What activities are you invovled?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown Advisory.

Interview

This was the first round of interviews and thus was a screening interview. I was interviewed by two previous interns who accepted full-time positions upon completion. They were very upbeat and sounded like they really enjoyed the firm.

Intern Interview

Interview

Had two rounds of interviews, two on campus interviews back to back and two more in the super day in baltimore. Pretty relaxed conversation and straightforward questions (why asset management, why brown advisory, etc). Superday was informative and a good way to see the firm. Offer rate to interns for full time offer after the summer program is low according to an MD I interviewed with.

Fixed Income Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brown Advisory (Baltimore, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly for me. I began by speaking with a lady from Human Resources. We mostly talked about the firm's culture. Next, I had a much more technical interview with two a portfolio manager and an investment analyst. Be ready to share your theoretical portfolio trades, and maybe 4-8 different positions you would have if you were a portfolio manager. My third round experience was different than the normal, I had to create a credit analysis and then present it to a few portfolio managers and the head of fixed income.

Interview Questions

• How a change in an impairment charge affects the three financial statements   Answer Question

Associate Strategic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brown Advisory (Baltimore, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

First interview was in person with one Strategic Advisor. Interview took approximately one and a half hours. Next round of interviews was four hours, with five Strategic Advisors and one Portfolio Manager. Human resources was very responsive to any questions and follow up. Everyone seemed happy to be there and most had been working in the group for a while.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked about history of dealing with estate planning instruments and high net worth individuals.   Answer Question

Temporary Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown Advisory (Baltimore, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

Over the course of several months I was contacted multiple times for a similar position. I would get contacted and then it wouldn't go anywhere or I wouldn't hear back. Had several emails, and 2 phone screens before finally being invited in for an in person. I interviewed for almost 2 hours and thought it went well enough. This was confirmed when I was contacted the next day to come back the following week to meet with some more folks. I came back again, for another hour again feeling like it was a formality of sorts. This many interviews and contacts for a low paying temp position seems like overkill but I figure it is a reputable employer so I go along. That was almost a month ago, and they didnt even have the decency to reply to my follow ups or tell me they were going another way. I understand that is not always a given but after asking someone to come into the city multiple times, and do multiple online apps it is a matter of respect. Employers like this dont seem to respect others time. I would not take a position here and would rather stay unemployed. These are the kind of employers who lose employees en masse when the economy shifts, as it is now doing.

Interview Questions

• Generic HR questions mostly.... I.E tell me about a time when you...... etc. Nothing too difficult, though the HR reps seem to think they are interviewing for jobs at Google or Facebook. Lots of Arrogance.   Answer Question

Investment Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown Advisory (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Applied and had an initial phone conversation. Everything went well, and then didn't hear back for 3 weeks. Then I was invited to fly out to meet for another round of interviews. Everything again went well, including start date times and salary discussions. It finished by them saying that I would work well with everyone and that I would hear a reponse by the week's end. Four weeks later, I have yet to hear a response despite multiple followups. Disappointing to say the least.

Interview Questions

• It was all very standard. Frankly, there was no test of actual knowledge. No detailed question about how to resolve "x." It was all personality based.   Answer Question