Brown Brothers Harriman Fund Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brown Brothers Harriman Fund Accountant Interview Questions

Interviews at Brown Brothers Harriman

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Boston, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

The job agent provided me this opportunity. Then I went to BBH to have an in-person interview. two people interviewed me at the same time. They introduced the details of this job and ask me some general behavarial questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Brown Brothers Harriman

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Boston, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

Got the interview through a staffing agency. I went in to their office in Boston and interviewed with two people, individually. Each interview took about 15 minutes and didn't really get too technical. I feel they were just looking for someone who would fit well with their team based on personality and related work experience. Be prepared to walk them through your resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you were a leader of a group and had to make a tough decision.   Answer Question
    • What is something you feel you could improve about yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Boston, MA) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview was really friendly and informal, though trying to test the depth of my knowledge of financial products and the methodology and conclusions of my memoirs of studies, dealing with REIT mispricing. The Manager of the accounting department was getting into more and more business specificities, whilst the HR manager was trying to bring back the conversation to personal questions.

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Boston, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

Went through a staffing agency. Met with two teams, 2 on 1 interview for 30 minutes. There looking for the right fit, so show interest about the position and company, emphasis time management and excel.

Interview Questions

• How far apart is the hour and minute hand a 3:15?   6 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Denver, CO) in March 2013.

Interview

Casual. Interviewed twice with groups of 2 employees. General interview questions. Tell me about yourself? How are your skills in excel and microsoft word? What do you like to do in your spare time? Why are you interested in this position? Etc.

Interview Questions

• What type of learner are you? Felt like they were looking for someone who doesn't need to be trained or want to learn. The wanted someone who likes to figure things out on there own with little or no help...I just graduated from college with no experience so didn't seem like the right fit for me.   Answer Question

Seemed like they only wanted a temp, not someone to hire on full time. Other opportunities.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Boston, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

They asked a few questions about general investment concepts (what is a bond, stock, debt security). They said they were looking for people with an idea of whats going in current economy. Asked my if I had any questions about the job and company. They asked me about my background in accounting, and to go over what I did.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Boston, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with Beacon Hill Staffing, as per BBH policy. Very friendly staff, never felt pressured to accept anything. Questions more geared towards career goals and background. Friendly interviewers, genuinely want to get to know you as it benefits their clients best.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in the field? Describe your work style?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Boston, MA).

Interview

Went through a temp agency. Met with the VP, and the interview was very laid back. Very easy to talk to and the questions weren't anything unexpected. Very positive experience overall

Fund Accountant Interview

Interview

Got a rec from a school alum and had first round with HR. Lasted about 45 mins and was told I'd hear back regarding next round within a week. Next day got the call saying I made it to the next round and scheduled an interview for a few days later. Interviewed with AVP and Associate. Extremely easy, almost no technical questions.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Boston, MA).

Interview

Very straight forward and fair interview process. Behavior type questions.

Negotiation

no negotiation