Brown Brothers Harriman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brown Brothers Harriman Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.5

Systems Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman.

Interview

Had a phone interview/screening with a recruiter, then got contacted about two video interviews with employees in Systems department -- these were almost all behavioral questions, most of it was just going over my resume and asking me about various experiences. Recruiter called me 5 days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• No questions were that hard, mostly behavioral/go over resume questions   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Interview Questions

• Basic questions The interview process was intense as I'm sure is common in most companies in this type of industry. The did a complete background check on me.   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

The interview process was difficult. I had three sets of people interview for different position within the company. Took a very long time for a response from HR to hire. Also two months.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty straightforward. First round was a phone interview, which was mainly behavioral questions and an explanation of their internship program. Second round was in their NYC office. Standard finance questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a group. How did you handle your role?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied in October and heard from a recruiter in November. Set up a phone interview in late November and then had another interview in their NYC office. Whole process was lengthy and communication from HR was inefficient. Often had to send multiple e-mails to get any information from them.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Two interviewers who discussed the job responsibilities and described the work environment as well as their own backgrounds. Very intimidating at first but it was easy to maintain good conversation.

Global Cash Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Boston, MA).

Interview

I was interviewed twice. Once was with two managers from different sections of the department. The second interview was with two other managers. Typical questions. There was nothing too difficult that they inquired about. They are very big on personality

Investment Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with HR was very straightforward. The recruiter asked what you would expect from a phone screening (why BBH, why finance, why your school/major, etc.). About 10 days later, I received an email informing me that I moved on to the final round, which was in-person or via Skype and consisted of two 30-minute interviews with two interviewers per session. The first session was mostly behavioral questions targeted towards my resume, past experience, and interest/knowledge in investment management. The second session was more relaxed and I was asked questions about my hobbies and interests outside of finance and school. Overall, the interviewers were definitely looking for candidates that would fit their company culture and they did not expect you to have much, if any, in-depth finance knowledge.

Investment Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got selected for an interview. The interview process was straight forward. One phone interview with a recruiter then one more round at the office. The last round was two two-on-one interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, what division in investment management are you interested in, why Brown Brothers Harriman, tell me something that isn't on your resume   Answer Question

Summer Systems Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was relatively easy. Spoke with a woman from HR. Described the position and and what would be expected of interns as well as how the internship rotation works. No technical questions were asked. Lasted about fifteen minutes and was told I'd receive an email about the next round about a month later.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you feel you're lack of technical experience will allow you to preform well?   Answer Question