Brown Brothers Harriman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brown Brothers Harriman Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2018

2.5

Compensation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman in March 2018.

Interview

The compensation team was great. They wanted someone with more compensation experience. Be prepared to have a lot of questions ready. They were very friendly. The recruiter was great. It is supposed to be a great company to work for with great benefits.

Interview Questions

• Do you have more questions?   1 Answer

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman.

Interview

Easy interview, relaxed and laid back. They are not out to get you by any means just want to make sure you have half of a brain to do the work

Senior Desktop Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman.

Interview

Waste of time on the phone, typical HR introduction about the company. First the HR person was late to the call, by 4 mins. To me that means a lot when someone is late to an interview, seems like they don't care. After 10 mins into the call i asked about salary range, and when it wasn't in line with what i was expecting the HR reps demeanor changed. Basically trying to sell me on their great perks, look salary is important when you have a family to feed, and a household to support. I don't care much about your perks when i need my base to be a certain amount. They low ball you on salary especially when you know the market pays much more. Oh they mentioned up to a 14% bonus. For someone with over 15 years in IT i wouldn't ever take a low ball offer unless that was the only job out there.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman.

Interview

HR Representative reached out to me to do a preliminary screening on the phone. Then they invited me to interview with three people associated with the position. Interviews were casual but they were looking for something specific that I did not have.

Global Alts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Boston, MA) in February 2018.

Interview

Two guys, some technical questions, some behavioral. Kind of drilled- wasn't entirely prepared for the interview. Wanted to know what I knew about the company, asked some basic financial questions...difference between mutual and hedge funds, changing interest rates, etc.

Entry Level Interview

Interview

Met with 4 hiring managers. Majority were behavioural questions and a couple finance. One of the hiring managers was on their phone during the interview which was super rude! They looked bored and were not that friendly. Had a bad vibe the entire time. After the interview, I knew I didn't want to work there. I didn't get the offer so it worked out.

Ops Lead Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Denver, CO) in January 2018.

Interview

Recruiter from Boston went out of her way to send an email thanking me for applying and asked to set up a phone interview. Specified dates and times she was available, asked me to reply when I was available...sent two emails on my availability. NEVER GOT A RESPONSE. What kind of company is this?

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Boston, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

I heard about the job through a friend who already worked there and after talking to other applicants it seemed they all had an employee referral. I applied online and about a week later I got a call from a recruiter and we did a ten minute phone screening. I then interviewed two days later at BBH. First we met with the Vice President of one of the departments he was really laid back and talked a little about himself and the company. There were two rounds of interviews each with two hiring managers. The first two seemed like they never gave an interview before and were reading questions right off a paper that they had and the questions were pretty basic behavioral questions. The second two seemed a little bit more stern and asked a little bit more complicated questions about experiences in a team. They seem to like it when you ask questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you worked in a team? Name a time you resolved a problem at work? Name a time you went above and beyond to do your job? Name a time you implemented a change and how you did it? Name a time your team had to cooperate with another team? Name a time you helped a coworker who was falling behind?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Interview

Applied through my college, 1st round phone interview, final round was at BBH in nyc. Pretty much all behavior questions and why you want to be at bbh. The people were very friendly and open about their experiences.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman in December 2017.

Interview

Recruiter got back to me pretty quick once I applied via email. Followed up with the phone screening and was quick to respond in regards to the status of my application. I didn't get the job but they were efficient with the process.