Brown Brothers Harriman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 20, 2018

2.5

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Informational interview only. After submitting my resume, I received a phone call from an HR rep. We spoke for 30 minutes or so. I was asked to describe myself, my work experiences, my ideal future job role and how I saw myself fitting with the company. I received a call back within a week or so and was given a list of jobs that would be a good fit for me. I vastly lacked experience for many of the positions listed.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Boston, MA) in October 2010.

Interview

It was a very relaxed and conversational experience. I felt comfortable with those interviewing me and recommend this company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Boston, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

I got the interview through a recruiter. I had back-to-back 30 minute intereviews with two managers in each interview. The questions were very standard. They simply went through my interview and asked about prior experience and coursework. Then they asked the usual intereview questions: a time when I had to deal with a tough co-worker, etc. I heard back about a week later and accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• What is a mutual fund? What is a stock? What is a bond?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I accepted through a staffing agency.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with human resources representative, following two on-site interviews with memberships of the departmental team. Fairly an easy-going process, the invidiuals were transparent & passionate about working at BBH.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation with a client? And how were you able to solve the issue   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman.

Interview

Very easy. The process only consisted of one interview then an offer was made shortly after

Interview Questions

• There were no real stunners or trick questions. Plain vanilla interview process   Answer Question

Client Services Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied on-line and within 1 week had a phone interview, about 20 minutes, with a nice lady. She described the job and how my skills would relate to it and what my strengths were. No offer yet,

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Boston, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

Two interviews with two people in each interview. Pretty standard interview questions. They asked if I had a basic understanding of a mutual fund and of stocks and bonds. Other questions were related to my background and other behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman.

Interview

The interview consisted of a phone interview going over the basic behavioral questions. After, I was called back in for an in person interview with 2 members of management and again, was asked behavioral questions and then went over my resume. All in all, pretty straightforward

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Boston, MA) in August 2013.

Interview

Straight forward, very nice people. The interview was short and formal. There were two managers for the half an hour interview. After giving a brief summary of the position and their expectation of a candidate they were looking for they asked if I have any questions. Make sure you do your research and come prepared.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Boston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

Easy one time interview not hard questions. Interviewers were very nice and did not feel intimidated. Questions were straighforward and easy to answer about the job. Asked a lot of questions too.

Interview Questions

• How would you define good customer service.   1 Answer