Brown Brothers Harriman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.5

Accounting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Boston, MA).

Interview

The whole process took about two months. First was a phone interview with HR. Within about a week I received a call from my recruiter saying they wanted me to come in for an in-person interview. When I interviewed I met with the department head first and then the hiring manager after. I waited a few minutes for the department head to meet with me to meet with me but once that meeting was done, I waited about 30-45 minutes to meet with the hiring manager. Despite the wait, the interviews went really well. They were so busy, it took a couple weeks to hear back after the interview with an offer. I didn't realize that was the normal rate of their interview process until I was actually working there, saw it and participated in them.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my experience, what I liked about it, what my strengths were, etc.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman.

Interview

applied through a recruiter, the interview was rather pleasant and easy going. The background check, credit check, fingerprinting check and etc. was a rather long and exhausting process but apparently it is normal for financial services companies.

Interview Questions

• Basic History, Name a time where you had to deal with an adverse situation, Etc.   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman.

Interview

Went through an agency to apply, took a week or two before being brought in. 2 in person interviews, each with 2 people. Heard from them within a week after the interview.

Interview Questions

Interview

Very simple questions. Mostly about my personal experience in my previous employments and projects. The entire team I was going to work with sat on the interview. Nice, friendly people.

Asset Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman.

Interview

Standard phone screen into on-site interview. Phone screen asked me about my interest in the firm and why I applied. Unfortunately, did not pay for my travel expenses. Focus was on behavioral questions+walk me through resume. Had a sense the firm was very conservative overall.

Systems Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman.

Interview

Had a phone interview/screening with a recruiter, then got contacted about two video interviews with employees in Systems department -- these were almost all behavioral questions, most of it was just going over my resume and asking me about various experiences. Recruiter called me 5 days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• No questions were that hard, mostly behavioral/go over resume questions   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Interview Questions

• Basic questions The interview process was intense as I'm sure is common in most companies in this type of industry. The did a complete background check on me.   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

The interview process was difficult. I had three sets of people interview for different position within the company. Took a very long time for a response from HR to hire. Also two months.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty straightforward. First round was a phone interview, which was mainly behavioral questions and an explanation of their internship program. Second round was in their NYC office. Standard finance questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a group. How did you handle your role?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied in October and heard from a recruiter in November. Set up a phone interview in late November and then had another interview in their NYC office. Whole process was lengthy and communication from HR was inefficient. Often had to send multiple e-mails to get any information from them.