Brown Brothers Harriman Operations specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

There were two rounds of interview. The first round was for the position that I had applied for where I would meet at 3 people from the department. The second round was for a different position, more senior level where I was able to meet with the supervisor and the department's head. Both were very nice and asked excellent questions. Overall it was one of the best interview I ever had. The environment was comfortable and not intimidating at all... However, I haven't received an offer or a letter of rejection yet since I interviewed back in November.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral question/situational...
      Asked about details of your past work experiences
      Career Goals
      Why BBH ? and why this job?   Answer Question

Trade Management Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview set up through staffing agency, met with a BBH associate. Interview was fairly quick and standard. Asked questions about myself as well as how I felt about deadlines among other things. Interviewer was very dry and difficult to connect with. They were slow to get back to the staffing agency and didn't provide any feedback on how the interview went from their perspective.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about deadlines, and deadlines that overlap?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Jersey City, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

Pretty basic interview. Had two people in the interview room with one asking most of the questions. Environment was comfortable and not intimidating. Common questions like strength/weakness were asked. Was not too hard, and also be prepared to know about the company.

Operations Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

The process was pretty straightforward. I got an interview through a recruiting agency and after they presented my resume at BBH, I got an interview the following week. I interviewed with an associate from the department and it was a well rounded interview, covering everything from my background, personality, qualities etc.
    All in all, a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• I got asked to give example from my background that translated into good teamwork   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed through Forum Group, had a one on one on-site interview. Talk through resume, standard interview process.

Interviewers are mostly interested in that you have similar experiences or skill sets.

Got assurance back from staffing agency, but it took two more weeks to get started after interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman in December 2015.

Interview

There were two employees that conducted the interview – one guy and one girl. I felt that both were smart, inquiring and informative.

Their personalities were somewhat disparate, which I found ultimately helpful. By having such glaring differences, discerning commonalities was easy. It was on these similarities that I judged the company's corporate and workplace culture. And while it could've been a chance overlapping of traits between two differing peoples, I found that logical inference, at least in this case, held true.

They both exemplified BBH's underlying principles and gave me a better understanding of the firm. So aside from the enjoyable – and valuable – experience, I also gained a greater insight.

I'd thus recommend any qualified person that's considering pursuing a position at Brown Brothers Harriman to at least give it a thought. The interview process was remunerative – in more ways than one.

Interview Questions

Interview

- Telephone interview with a recruiter: the recruiter described the company emphasizing it's qualities, but did not go into details regarding the exact job description;
    - Telephone interview with one of the managers: I was encouraged to talk about myself a lot. My personality was what they were mostly interested in. Again the subject regarding the actual job was skipped.

Interview Questions

• - What was the most difficult thing in managing people?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I was told that I would meet with five people but I only met with two. The process wasn't really difficult, just general interview questions and I was offered the job within the next 2-3 day. After I was offered the position though, it took them a few weeks to get back to me with the paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What do you think your strengths are?
      What are some flaws you could polish?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Boston, MA).

Interview

Heard of the job through a staffing agency. Standard interview -- overall impressions of professionalism count for a lot. Being on point, showing that you are someone with good time management and an excellent ability to execute tasks counts for a lot. The position is basically assimilating and carrying out the same set of tasks every day. The challenges therefore are not variable, however you need an excellent attention to detail and an ability to get your work done in a very time efficient manner.
    Demonstrating that you're a fast learner (so as so quickly adopt the methodology) and have a rigorous work ethic will help get the job.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions.... describe project management skills, what your weaknesses are, when have you had experience working in a team etc.   Answer Question

Corporate Actions/Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Boston, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

Three people have interviewed me. In the first interview, the interviewer ask me about my personality and qualities about yourself, the second explain how the company works and what your position is. The last part was, the typical interview which included question like what would you do with customers complain about you and so on.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiated.