Brown Brothers Harriman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.5

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Two interviewers who discussed the job responsibilities and described the work environment as well as their own backgrounds. Very intimidating at first but it was easy to maintain good conversation.

HR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Met with 2 out of 6 people live, 4 phone calls. Was asked to come onsite to their Boston office even though most interviewers were offsite. I never heard back from the company after my second interview despite multiple emails to the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were average difficulty, I explained my experience to each interviewer and why I was interested in the job   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

3 Round interview, very fair and behavioral based. Accommodating and they were very conversational. Nothing too technical based . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to take the blame for something that was not your fault?   1 Answer

Global Cash Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Boston, MA).

Interview

I was interviewed twice. Once was with two managers from different sections of the department. The second interview was with two other managers. Typical questions. There was nothing too difficult that they inquired about. They are very big on personality

Investment Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with HR was very straightforward. The recruiter asked what you would expect from a phone screening (why BBH, why finance, why your school/major, etc.). About 10 days later, I received an email informing me that I moved on to the final round, which was in-person or via Skype and consisted of two 30-minute interviews with two interviewers per session. The first session was mostly behavioral questions targeted towards my resume, past experience, and interest/knowledge in investment management. The second session was more relaxed and I was asked questions about my hobbies and interests outside of finance and school. Overall, the interviewers were definitely looking for candidates that would fit their company culture and they did not expect you to have much, if any, in-depth finance knowledge.

Investment Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got selected for an interview. The interview process was straight forward. One phone interview with a recruiter then one more round at the office. The last round was two two-on-one interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, what division in investment management are you interested in, why Brown Brothers Harriman, tell me something that isn't on your resume   Answer Question

Summer Systems Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was relatively easy. Spoke with a woman from HR. Described the position and and what would be expected of interns as well as how the internship rotation works. No technical questions were asked. Lasted about fifteen minutes and was told I'd receive an email about the next round about a month later.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you feel you're lack of technical experience will allow you to preform well?   Answer Question

Senior Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

There were two rounds of interview. The first round was for the position that I had applied for where I would meet at 3 people from the department. The second round was for a different position, more senior level where I was able to meet with the supervisor and the department's head. Both were very nice and asked excellent questions. Overall it was one of the best interview I ever had. The environment was comfortable and not intimidating at all... However, I haven't received an offer or a letter of rejection yet since I interviewed back in November.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral question/situational...
      Asked about details of your past work experiences
      Career Goals
      Why BBH ? and why this job?   Answer Question

Desktop Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

I went through 4 rounds of interviews and met different IT managers, employees, and top IT manager. Then, I tried following up twice to recruiter and HR but never heard back again from them. They basically abandoned me after I suppose they've selected their candidate. The recruiter should've at least called or emailed me, as I would like to discuss why they didn't select me for the position.

Senior Human Resources Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (New York, NY).

Interview

There were 8 separate half-hour interviews with what felt like everyone that would possibly interact with the role on a regular basis. The interview process alone took about a month. Once I accepted the verbal offer, it took another 2 weeks for the official offer letter to be sent because everything needs a million approvals here.

Interview Questions

• All the standard questions- what was a time when you had to convince someone of something, talk about when you had to really use finesse for a project, stuff like that   Answer Question