Brown-Forman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Brown-Forman

2.9

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brown-Forman (Louisville, KY) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview process was tiring but a great learning experience. Started with a campus interview and then to onsite interviews. They hire for multiple positions at once that look for a certain foundation. Onsite interview consisted of 4 separate 30 minute interviews with 2 person panels. Generally, one HR person and one department person. Everyone was very friendly and the interviews had an overall pleasing environment. They also attempt to see how you interact with other interviewers and employees through an onsite/off site event held after the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you knew with certainty you had made a mistake or wrong decision? What did you do wrong and how did it impact you moving forward?   Answer Question

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Brown-Forman (Louisville, KY) in March 2016.

Interview

It began with a survey submitted to the recruiter, a phone interview with the recruiter and subsequent phone interview with the hiring manager, and then an in person interview with management and stakeholders

Sales Promotion Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brown-Forman (Louisville, KY) in March 2011.

Interview

They recruited at our university and gave a company presentation, where we signed up for interview times. Brief, 30-60 minute interviews occured the next day. The interview was with one person and she was very relaxed and friendly. This interview was more like a conversation. A few days later I, and several other students, were invited back to the company site in Louisville, Kentucky. They put us in a hotel for 2 nights and had 1 full day of interviews. from 8:00-12:00 we had 5 30 minute interviews and a few 10 minute breaks. Each interview room had 2 people from different departments to "team" interview us. The people were really friendly, relaxed, and open.

Interview Questions

I thought I was interviewing for a marketing rotation program, but really it was a sales promotion position. I'm not particularly interested in sales.

Customer Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brown-Forman (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Sent resume and then about 3 weeks later received questionnaire with questions pertaining to position. HR reached out for a short phone conversation then met with 4 people for live interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you were dissatisfied at work.   1 Answer

Data Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Brown-Forman (Louisville, KY) in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn and made aware of the position. I applied formally through the company website and then had a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was then flown into Louisville for a 1/2 day of interviews with various managers.

Interview Questions

• Multiple standard interview questions were asked...
      "Tell me about a time when..."   1 Answer

Negotiation

In my experience, most of the negotiation was done prior to the interview process to make sure I was within their salary range.

PA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brown-Forman (Louisville, KY) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online, went through a few emails asking about salary range and expectations. After that had a face to face interview. All in all the interviews were great and every person was open, however there was a lot of time in between interviews and hearing back. That made me a bit nervous. The interviews themselves were great and especially the 1 on 1 give you a real feel for what kind of people work at Brown-Forman

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a challenging situation in your previous job(s) and how you made it through.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can negotiate, so please do. Both in package as in salary they adjusted their offer to match another offer I had from another company.

Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown-Forman (Louisville, KY) in June 2018.

Interview

Overall Great experience. Interview process was above my expectation. About a month from application to offer. Starts with an online application submission, then an email survey to answer a few questions - followed by a phone screen , then a phone interview with the hiring manager. If you are competitive , then you will be invited to the Corporate campus for an interview. Overall the experience was very positive. Lots of longevity and diverse workforce with employees having a huge wealth of knowledge. The culture is awesome - right fit for me! Very collaborative and inclusive. The team was very professional, welcoming and most importantly intelligent. Everyone knows what they are doing. Company has a lot of history and hold value to their culture. Overall it was a great interview experience. I think other Fortune 500 companies need to benchmark Brown Forman's talent acquisition best practices because they are definitely good at that and attract only the best candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake
      Tell me about a time you set a goal for your team   2 Answers

Mill Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown-Forman.

Interview

A combination of behavior based and personal experience questions. They seem to love specific examples. Overall it was a pleasure meeting with and speaking with everyone. The company has so much history, but they respect and admire someone with a new way of thinking.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel working in a stressful environment?
      Give an exampled of how you deal working with tight deadlines?
      How do you inspire/lead those around you   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brown-Forman.

Interview

I applied through the web site. A week or two later. They emailed me a questionnaire, which I returned within a day or two. Two to three weeks later a recruiter reached out to schedule a phone interview. It was short and simple. The following week, they reached out to schedule an interview. The interview seemed to go well, we had good conversations and I used examples and data to illustrate my answers. Each interviewer confirmed that I would hear back by the end of the week or early in the following week. It has now been over two weeks. I followed up twice but no one acknowledged either email. I've since received another offer and accepted it. My wait time wasn't necessarily cause for concern but I wish they could've at least responded to my emails in any fashion, positive or negative.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Brown-Forman (Louisville, KY).

Interview

The hiring and interview process at Brown-Forman Corporation started with an Initial phone screen. After successfully passing the phone screen, the next phase involved multiple in-person interviews on site in Louisville, KY. The in-person interviews used behavioral interviewing questions and standard interview questions such as, Tell us about yourself" and "Tell us about a time when..." The point of behavioral interviewing questions is to learn about how you've handled situation in the past, as past behavior is the best way to predict future behavior.