Brown University Information Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

Information Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Brown University (Providence, RI) in January 2011.

Interview

This was the longest interview process I had ever experienced. I received a phone call a month after I had applied on-line. The 1st interview was a 30 min screening with HR and CIS. The questions were regarding my experience and background. After 3 weeks, a 2nd interview was on-site from 9-2 meeting with 3 groups of 2 managers at each interview, an hour break, and 1 hr lunch with some of the interviewers. Again, it was more experience questions- not hard. The 3rd interview came about 3 weeks later. I met 2 upper management at the same time. This one was less than an hour- this one was more situational. Mixed questions- experience and what if type of questions. About 3-4 weeks later came in to meet hiring manager again (very casual- she was telling me the great things at Brown) as well as a new panel of 3. Their questions were more situational. Unfortunately, after 4 interviews meeting 11 people, I didn't get the job (runner up). Everyone was very nice and it seems like a great place to work. My advice - keep positive, be patient with their process, and keep looking in between their interviews.

Interview Questions