Brown University Interview Questions in Providence, RI | Glassdoor

Interviews at Brown University

2.6

Residential Peer Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brown University (Providence, RI) in May 2013.

Interview

First a one-on-one, then a full night of group tasks and interview process. The process was fairly simple in the first round, where you get asked basic behavioral questions by current staff. The group process presents various scenarios and challenges to solve in a team of your competitors which you are evaluated by current Peer leaders as well as your potential boss . Very selective process!

Summer Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown University (Providence, RI).

Interview

Simple application that seemed like more qualifications were required than what I later discovered. Interview process was friendly and simple. I didn't receive any trick questions and it felt like my interviewer was doing her best to help me do well. It was a position that was mostly about sociability and responsibility, so there was no need to give an IQ test, and I appreciated that there was very little pressure.

Interview Questions

• What was a major professional/academic struggle you faced and how did you solve the problem?   Answer Question

Artemis Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brown University (Providence, RI) in January 2015.

Interview

I had to teach a mock class for my interview. I ended up teaching a short class on how to implement binary search trees. Afterwards we talked about different situations that may occur during the camp and how I would handle them.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student wanted to go home from a location that was not what you listed on the field trip form   Answer Question

Residential Peer Leader, Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brown University (Providence, RI) in February 2013.

Interview

The hiring process is well done. During the individual interview, a Community Director and a current RPL conduct the interview, alternating reading questions from a sheet with a numbered grading process. Then there is the group interview, in which they put 20 or so prospective RPLs in differing situations to see how they operate in communities and teams.

Interview Questions

• Q: What does a safe and positive community look like to you? How would you go about enacting this community?   Answer Question

PhD Graduate Student, Biology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brown University (Providence, RI) in November 2013.

Interview

Met with faculty in the department throughout the day for about 30 minutes each. Also had plenty of time to inreact with graduate students and post-docs in the department. Free lunch and dinner with other grad students in the program. Overall it was quite casual. Most conversation is aimed at getting to know you and your interests/ fit for the program rather than trying to trip you up or test your technical or intellectual skills.

Interview Questions

• What other PhD programs did you apply to? What do you plan on doing after grad school? What type of research projects would you be interested in pursuing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was given an offer of admission and had to by a certian deadline. Did not negotiate as I believe it is a standard and non-negotiable offer.

Resident Peer Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown University (Providence, RI) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the website. I came in for an one-on-one interview that went well, they asked mainly behavioral questions. The regular process is a group interview and then an one-on-one interview with select candidates, but since the group interview was when I went abroad they accommodated me by allowing me to do an early one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with someone and how you handled it   Answer Question