Brown University Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brown University Research Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Brown University

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brown University.

Interview

An interview is a conversation between two or more people where questions are asked by the interviewer to elicit facts or statements from the interviewee. Interviews are a standard part of journalism and media reporting, but are also employed in many other situations, including qualitative research.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Brown University

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Through GRE scores, Toefl for non-US citizens, Under grad and Masters grades and letters of recommendation. There was no interview for me (in Physics). I would say having a publication in your undergrad or master will help.

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brown University (Providence, RI) in August 2012.

Interview

Met with the PI, he asked about my background and he told me about his lab and the research that his lab conducts. He called my references right away, and I got offered the job the same day.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I interviewed at Brown University in September 2016.

Interview

Very comfortable even though the questions were "out of the box" and unlike other interviews I have been on. The questions for the in-person interview were not necessarily about my experience, but you needed experience to answer the questions... so it was interesting. One thing that many other reviews prepared me for was to come with questions for the hiring manager. This hiring manager started the interview with "Do you have any questions for me?" Even though I was surprised at the change in format from a standard interview process, I was able to respond with well thought out questions that I prepared ahead of time!

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing for the rest of your career?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Was emailed within a week after applying, and interviewed over the phone with the PI for 30-40 minutes. Interview was very pleasant, and felt more like a natural conversation than a formal interview.

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown University (Providence, RI) in March 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by the PI of the lab about a week after submitting my application, and the entire interview process took a little over a month with three rounds of interviews. I talked to the PI, a current research assistant, and another researcher on the grant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past research experiences and why you want to continue in research   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brown University in January 2014.

Interview

The process is friendly and chill. Usually its just included a brief self-introduction and presentation of your research. Then the professor who interviews you will do the same thing about himself.

Interview Questions

• Can you briefly introduce your previous research/ projects?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown University.

Interview

Phone interview and then an in-person interview with the PI that took about one hour. All in all an easy process, though it seemed like they already had a candidate selected prior to my interview and were simply going through the motions.