Brown University Interview Questions in Rhode Island | Glassdoor

2.6

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I interviewed at Brown University (Providence, RI) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied Online, a month later i was invited for doing a tech assignment( coding + data analysis). then i moved to second round a phone interview, talked to a group has asked a bunch data science related questions, then i was invited to a onsite interview, spent a day with group and gave a presentation to data science and BI group.

People there are nice and chill, not a streeful position, and dont require too much techniques, the pay is low, however the benefits are extremely awesome

Resident Peer Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown University (Providence, RI) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the website. I came in for an one-on-one interview that went well, they asked mainly behavioral questions. The regular process is a group interview and then an one-on-one interview with select candidates, but since the group interview was when I went abroad they accommodated me by allowing me to do an early one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with someone and how you handled it   Answer Question

Summer Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown University (Providence, RI).

Interview

Simple application that seemed like more qualifications were required than what I later discovered. Interview process was friendly and simple. I didn't receive any trick questions and it felt like my interviewer was doing her best to help me do well. It was a position that was mostly about sociability and responsibility, so there was no need to give an IQ test, and I appreciated that there was very little pressure.

Interview Questions

• What was a major professional/academic struggle you faced and how did you solve the problem?   Answer Question

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brown University (Providence, RI) in February 2016.

Interview

Set up a couple of dates and times for the phone interview. Three people were on the call besides myself. After the introductions they said while they believed I was qualified for the position they wanted to make sure I knew what the maximum salary available for their position was. After I was informed of that, and was told that it was a non-negotiable number, I thanked them for their interest and time and the interview was over.

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Brown University (Providence, RI) in August 2015.

Interview

It was minimal. I had a developed relationship with a professor, and he gave me the job when I asked him for it when he needed a TA for the next semester.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brown University (East Providence, RI) in April 2015.

Interview

Fair. the interviewers were very nice and understanding. they asked questions but did not seem like an interview, more like a conversation. Brown is a very liberal school, it is interesting to learn about their admissions policies. With the new dean change, has seemed to prefer not many diverse candidates for an admissions counselor position. One undergraduate student from Brown of color and has worked with the admissions office was denied and took an admissions office position at columbia instead. New hires were White and had no qualifications.

Teaching Assistant for Machine Learning Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brown University (Providence, RI) in January 2015.

Interview

Took course and interacted with instructor, did very well in this course. Checked with instructor after this course and he agreed to give the TA position. I signed up for the TA and go to the TA hour and grade the homework.

Interview Questions

• What grade did you get for machine learning   1 Answer

Artemis Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brown University (Providence, RI) in January 2015.

Interview

I had to teach a mock class for my interview. I ended up teaching a short class on how to implement binary search trees. Afterwards we talked about different situations that may occur during the camp and how I would handle them.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student wanted to go home from a location that was not what you listed on the field trip form   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brown University (Providence, RI) in March 2014.

Interview

It was an interview in the office with one of the directors. It was in person and one-on-one with the director of research. She was very kind and welcoming and asked many questions related to my resume and previous work experience. Additionally my education and relevant classes were also discussed. Many of the questions also related to leadership capabilities, times that I worked independently and research capability, as well as experience speaking with senior executives. Following the initial interview an offer of employment was made promptly.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you demonstrated leadership?   1 Answer

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brown University (Providence, RI) in January 2014.

Interview

There is no interview so I'm not sure what to say here. You just go to the Ratty (Sharpe Refectory) and fill out an application. Then you're immediately hired and sign up for shifts.