Brown & Brown Insurance Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 11, 2017

2.0

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Whoa... Where do I start? This office was one of the most inept I've ever seen. My friend who works there gave me a referral so I applied for the Account Manager role. I received a call several weeks later and we could did a phone interview. That lasted for about an hour and was later scheduled for an in person interview. The office rescheduled the date and time of the in person interview several times. Apparently there were several conflicting meetings and they had a hard time figuring out when would be a good time. Once I came in for the interview 2 people interviewed me. There after they asked me to take a short technical test on situational insurance incidences and terms. I was told by my friend that this test would not be given if they did not think you were a good fit, so I thought things were going good. I was told that they would personally review the test with me right after I finished it, but never did. One of the organizations reps was clearly inexperienced. I was sent home and told that I would received a phone call the next day to go over the results. Apparently the person who would have gone over the results with me was called away??? I never heard back from anyone. The interview process was sloppy and unprofessional. I'm glad I didn't receive a call back from these people. I would never want to work for an organization such as this.

Interview Questions

• • Why are you interested in this position?
    • Is there anything about the duties that look like they would be challenging to you?
    • How do you provide good customer service?
    • What would your past managers say about you? Do you have a good relationship with them?
    • Why do you want to work here?
    • Talk about your work history.
    • Why are you looking to leave your current position?
    • What computer programs have you worked on?
    • What’s your weakness?
    • What are your future career plans?
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Brown & Brown Insurance

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Washington, DC).

Interview

Several interviews asking me the same questions and talking mainly about themselves. I felt like they cared more about what I looked like than what I knew about and wanted me to know everything about them and I don't mean about work, I mean about their personal life. The woman who talked to me bragged about her life nonstop.

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Phila, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Hour long conference phone interview. Shortly after the phone interview I received an email asking me to come in for a meet & greet, I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your career and/or personal financial goals?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview

I applied online. I was then asked to participate in a phone interview. From there, I received a call about a week later and then asked to go to the office for an in person interview. Recruiter was very responsive, easy to work with. Gave detailed instructions as to how to get to the office in addition to the expectations upon arrival.

Interview Questions

• Mainly about myself, who I am as a person. Resume conveyed all others.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview

Very easy process with your typical interview questions. Didn't feel like an interrogation at all. They explained the position well. The pay was too low for me to accept an offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Orange, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

It went very well. Interviewed with Account Executive/Producer. They felt another candidate that was more familiar on the broker side vs carrier side was a better candidate. Less training for their staff.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Roseland, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

Their interview process was not welcoming. It was rushed and unstructured as if they had filled the position prior to my arrival, Waste of Time. Believe the Glassdor Reviews they will save you "Time, Money and Gas".

Interview Questions

• No Structured "Intelligent" Structured interview questions. Questions were posed as tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Houston, TX).

Interview

My first meeting with the company was a casual meet and greet because I knew someone who knew someone who worked there. At that time the company did not have a position available for me. They advised that they would hold onto my resume and call as soon as something opened up they would call. About a year later I received a call from the PCL and we met up for lunch. After my initial meeting I was asked into the office to meet with the department manager. Then my final meeting consisted of a knowledge test and then a visit with the person with whom I would be replacing. Within 24 hours I was contacted by the PCL with an offer.

Interview Questions

• I don't feel as though there were any difficult questions. I believe I was the one who asked more questions about the company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no real room to negotiate. I believe I was offered the most for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Nashville, TN) in January 2011.

Interview

My company was bought out by Brown and Brown. There was not interview process we were just moved to the new company. If we did not sign a non-compete the day the transaction took place we were escourted out of the building.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview

I met with a total of three people and the interview process took about an hour. A lot of questions were put forth on both sides but the interview was generally relaxed and positive. I felt very good about the organization at that point.

Interview Questions

• Would my former employers re-hire me?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was pretty much take it or leave it but it was a fair offer