Brown & Brown Insurance Insurance Producer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brown & Brown Insurance Insurance Producer Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conshohocken, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Conshohocken, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

It started off as an email asking me to come in. A week later I came in and sat down with 2 of the producers. I was asked to come back for a final interview with 3 other candidates. During this final round we all went around meeting everyone within the office. They all had their chance to ask us any questions they had for us.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Brown & Brown Insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Syracuse, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a great experience. Interviewed with several department managers and producers. Started early in the day and lasted till lunch time. Very fast paced work culture driven by self starters and people who are motivated to succeed. Overall a great learning experience that will hopefully lead to a career in the near future.

Anonymous Employee in Cape Coral, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Cape Coral, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

I was recruited to work for Brown and Brown Insurance by anot her producer whom I knew. Essentially my entire interview surrounded around Brown and Brown management trying to guage if I'd stay long term or consider moving.

There were also your standard questions around how'd I'd handle various client situations and my knowledge of the insurance market. If you know your stuff you'll have no problem. My office was even known for hiring on personality/skill sets alone and teaching the insurance side. If you can demonstrate that you are an organized individual during the interview process you should do well. Being organized is one of the largest characteristics I tribute to being successful in this business.

Interview Questions

• My boss likes to ask you to try and sell a Pen.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Florham Park, NJ) in November 2008.

Interview

The company hiring process was like none I've ever seen. There was a standardized personality test which is designed to determine how hard of a worker the applicant is and how well they deal with rejection - as sales positions tend to offer alot.

The interview consisted of a 2:1 meeting with the Vice President and President of the office. They are friendly and personable, and ask simple questions, like: Why did you pick insurance. The company is attempting to bring in a wave of young/new sales people, so there is not a significant amount of experience required.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate the salary - which was a mistake. I didn't know what a good salary was for the position and thought I had a good deal. This is a sales based organization, everyone is there because they want to make more money. I would highly suggest asking for $45k-$50k. Fifty is on the high side, but depending on the day, you may get it.