Brown & Brown Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 11, 2017

2.5

Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Interview scheduled within the next few days. Interview took about half an hour. It wasn't too difficult, it started off with the manager detailing how a Managing General Agent operates. Then asks you about your prior experience. Easy stuff. Didn't have to prepare much to get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Whoa... Where do I start? This office was one of the most inept I've ever seen. My friend who works there gave me a referral so I applied for the Account Manager role. I received a call several weeks later and we could did a phone interview. That lasted for about an hour and was later scheduled for an in person interview. The office rescheduled the date and time of the in person interview several times. Apparently there were several conflicting meetings and they had a hard time figuring out when would be a good time. Once I came in for the interview 2 people interviewed me. There after they asked me to take a short technical test on situational insurance incidences and terms. I was told by my friend that this test would not be given if they did not think you were a good fit, so I thought things were going good. I was told that they would personally review the test with me right after I finished it, but never did. One of the organizations reps was clearly inexperienced. I was sent home and told that I would received a phone call the next day to go over the results. Apparently the person who would have gone over the results with me was called away??? I never heard back from anyone. The interview process was sloppy and unprofessional. I'm glad I didn't receive a call back from these people. I would never want to work for an organization such as this.

Interview Questions

• • Why are you interested in this position?
      • Is there anything about the duties that look like they would be challenging to you?
      • How do you provide good customer service?
      • What would your past managers say about you? Do you have a good relationship with them?
      • Why do you want to work here?
      • Talk about your work history.
      • Why are you looking to leave your current position?
      • What computer programs have you worked on?
      • What’s your weakness?
      • What are your future career plans?
      • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Insurance Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conshohocken, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Conshohocken, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

It started off as an email asking me to come in. A week later I came in and sat down with 2 of the producers. I was asked to come back for a final interview with 3 other candidates. During this final round we all went around meeting everyone within the office. They all had their chance to ask us any questions they had for us.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Roseland, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

3 people interview you, if you move on, you'll interview with one person, if given the okay you'll interview with one more person, there you will pretty much be hired, just have to wait for the job offer. I received an offer, but they retracted it 2 days later without giving a valid reason

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Washington, DC).

Interview

Several interviews asking me the same questions and talking mainly about themselves. I felt like they cared more about what I looked like than what I knew about and wanted me to know everything about them and I don't mean about work, I mean about their personal life. The woman who talked to me bragged about her life nonstop.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Houston, TX).

Interview

For any position in this Houston agency, they will "test" on your benefits knowledge. As long as you dress professionally and bring a portfolio for notes then you'll be fine. Bottom line is that they don't care about your experience because they will train anyone

Interview Questions

• What's your strengths?   1 Answer
    • How have you handled a situation in which you didn't know the answer but needed to respond to the client?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview

Multiple interviews with different personnel at different offices. Pleasant experience. Willing to provide honest information about the company and the operations of the organization as a whole as well as the local offices.

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Phila, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Hour long conference phone interview. Shortly after the phone interview I received an email asking me to come in for a meet & greet, I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your career and/or personal financial goals?   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview

A representative came to my college. Two separate interviews in the span of a week. Each interview lasted around 30 min to an hour, and for the most part was a relatively relaxed interview. Mainly spoke on my background and degrees, no behavioral type questions.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview

I applied online. I was then asked to participate in a phone interview. From there, I received a call about a week later and then asked to go to the office for an in person interview. Recruiter was very responsive, easy to work with. Gave detailed instructions as to how to get to the office in addition to the expectations upon arrival.

Interview Questions

• Mainly about myself, who I am as a person. Resume conveyed all others.   Answer Question