Brown & Brown Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Brown & Brown Insurance

2.4

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Newark, DE) in October 2020.

Interview

Call over the phone due to COVID19. HR was very informative and explained the job well. The company seems like they really care about employees and want a nice work-life balance.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current employer?   1 Answer

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Westwood, MA).

Interview

Spoke to an incredibly pompous recruiter from Brown & Brown. She spent two-thirds of the interview pontificating about how great Brown & Brown is because they are a public company with over 1000 employees. After this point she asked me why I was qualified to work at Brown & Brown. After each sentence she interrupted me and told me why I was wrong about my 12 years experience as a Licensed Insurance Producer. I realized that the interview was a waste of time, as I definitely did not want to work with this type of organization. Brown & Brown has a poor reputation as an employer and insurance broker. This young lady proudly described an environment that sounded like Boiler Room. I havent heard of too many people staying with them for long. Before I ended the interview and told her I wasnt interested in applying for the position, she told me that their Base Salary was $40,000 for Producers. I was hired the following week with a base salary of $85,000 (50% New Business, 25 Renewal Business)

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for this role? (that was literally the only question she asked)   Answer Question

Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in November 2019.

Interview

They were very nice and easy going. Felt like I was talking to a friend. Everything went smoothly. Not bad at all. They also explained the role of what I’ll be doing in office and who I’ll be working with.

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Garden City, NY).

Interview

4 hour interview process, an insurance exam, personality exam and then a one on one with the Vice President going over the exam, you meet your prospective team and other members of the office

Producer In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2019.

Interview

3 interviews over 3 week period. 1. President of branch. 2. Team members 3. Regional president
    Regional president got his job at the company from a fraternity brother.
    Being a middle aged, Hispanic female, with plenty of documented sales successes at three Fortune 500 companies, I’m guessing I wasn’t the right “fit”. Only sorry I wasn’t a middle aged white male who came from money.
    Didn’t meet anyone of any ethnicity other than white.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview

You will have one phone interview where they ask you what do you know about Brown & Brown, why did you apply, and can you see your self in the company. Then after the phone interview there are two in person, the sit 1:1 is going through your resume and the second is question and answers.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your self in 5 year? Brown & Brown is currently rapidly growing as wild fire do you see your self growing with us?   Answer Question

Commercial Unit Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocky Hill, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Rocky Hill, CT) in September 2019.

Interview

Applied on-line had a phone interview first and an in-person interview about a week later. Met with the AVP and Manager. Both were very friendly and pleasant. Although I was not selected, I received a personal email from HR.

Personal Lines Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Tallahassee, FL) in June 2019.

Interview

I received a call from the recruiter for the company and was told they were impressed with my experience in insurance and wanted to talk to me (Tallahassee, FL) office. I had a phone interview, and was recommended to do a personal interview. Did a second interview, which led to a third interview with another manager. I ended up going to a fourth interview with the company back with the first manager. At the end, they decided not to hire me due to they were concerned that I would leave them for another position, and I have held my current job for 10+ years. I am ok with not getting the position, but I do wish it didn't take them 4 interviews for them to figure it out, just be aware this could happen if you interview for this particular office.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for the position?
      What are your long term goals?
      What is your desired salary?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview

It was fairly easy. I had 2 in person interviews, one with HR and a department head and one with my direct supervisor. They were very nice and accommodating, interviewed me at a satellite office so that I wouldn't need to drive 3+ hours round trip.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my technical skills and basic insurance questions.   Answer Question

Internal Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in April 2019.

Interview

Found out about this job through my school. I was Interviewd by 2 people and they were straight forward and conversational. It was a comfortable experience. Talked about my resume and was given questions about basic accounting.

Interview Questions

• Random question like how many cars can fit in the empire state building.   Answer Question