Brown & Brown Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Oct 26, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 97 of over 97 interviews

Employee Referral12%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

Brown & Brown Insurance

Application

I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance

Interview

Multiple interviews in person and via the phone, and a psychological assessment test. Process is fairly laid back and they take about 2 weeks to get back with a decision

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Daytona Beach, FL) in Oct 2021

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for this "training program" to become a software engineer. There were two Team Meeting interviews. I knew this wasn't a training program as described, when in the second interview I was asked "How fast can I solve a Rubik's Cube" Am I supposed to be Rain Man for a training program? Also, asked to download and purchase software and write a test code to present, again for a "training program". Finally, the salary was much lower than a Software Engineer which would make sense, if they weren't requiring so much experience in the first place. They're just looking to overwork and underpay.

Interview Questions
  • Q: How fast can you complete a Rubik's Cube? Q: Do you do Sudoku? Q: Download, install, and write a test code in Selenium. (No mention the software requires a purchase)

Brown & Brown Insurance

Application

I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance

Interview

Three interviews. One was "filler" I really did not see the point and felt like it wasted time. I had several questions to ask and really didn't get the chance to ask.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Daytona Beach, FL) in Aug 2021

Interview

Apply on site. Download your resume. Respond to email. Do zoom call. Very easy! Laid back requirements. If they like you, the you get sent assessments or connect with someone in the field.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Daytona Beach, FL) in May 2021

Interview

The interview went smooth and the company interviewers were well prepared and easy to talk to. They showed me the office space and were able to answer all of my questions while also asking me intelligent questions too.

Interview Questions
  • Why did I switch majors during college?

Brown & Brown Insurance

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in Apr 2021

Interview

Interviewed with HR briefly and then with the hiring manager. Then had 2 interviews with peers in the dept. After about 2 weeks, hiring manager contacted me to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Brown & Brown Insurance

Application

I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance

Interview

Lauren from the HR department was very responsive and professional in all my communications with her through email and phone. I applied to a few different open positions and she made sure to keep me updated on the status of each of my applications. I went through four different interviews and everyone was very nice and professional.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Newark, DE) in Oct 2020

Interview

Call over the phone due to COVID19. HR was very informative and explained the job well. The company seems like they really care about employees and want a nice work-life balance.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to leave your current employer?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Jersey City, NJ) in Jun 2020

Interview

A fairly straight forward process to see if you are a good match. Personality test, typing test and zoom interview( covid) The entire process took almost 3 weeks. It was an interesting experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Westwood, MA)

Interview

Spoke to an incredibly pompous recruiter from Brown & Brown. She spent two-thirds of the interview pontificating about how great Brown & Brown is because they are a public company with over 1000 employees. After this point she asked me why I was qualified to work at Brown & Brown. After each sentence she interrupted me and told me why I was wrong about my 12 years experience as a Licensed Insurance Producer. I realized that the interview was a waste of time, as I definitely did not want to work with this type of organization. Brown & Brown has a poor reputation as an employer and insurance broker. This young lady proudly described an environment that sounded like Boiler Room. I havent heard of too many people staying with them for long. Before I ended the interview and told her I wasnt interested in applying for the position, she told me that their Base Salary was $40,000 for Producers. I was hired the following week with a base salary of $85,000 (50% New Business, 25 Renewal Business)

Interview Questions
  • Why are you a good fit for this role? (that was literally the only question she asked)
5 people found this interview helpful