Brown & Brown Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brown & Brown Insurance Interview Questions

Interviews at Brown & Brown Insurance

2.4

Interview

Pretty straight forward interview no curveballs. Much like every other interview I had been on. They just wanted to get to know me better and make sure that I was a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview

It was fairly easy. I had 2 in person interviews, one with HR and a department head and one with my direct supervisor. They were very nice and accommodating, interviewed me at a satellite office so that I wouldn't need to drive 3+ hours round trip.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my technical skills and basic insurance questions.   Answer Question

Client Services Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in October 2009.

Interview

Hired through a series of 2 interviews.

Negotiation

N/A

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Daytona Beach, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Met hiring manager at a career fair, ended up speaking with him over the phone about a week later. Decided it was not the best fit for either party. The company prides itself of being very lean

Assistant Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Orange, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with the office manager. Was asked multiple questions about proficiency, coverage knowledge, insurance background, short term and long term goals, past agency experience, educational goals, claims experience, a lot of questions that they needed to know that they wanted me to answer. Interview went forever.

Anonymous Employee in Cape Coral, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Cape Coral, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

I was recruited to work for Brown and Brown Insurance by anot her producer whom I knew. Essentially my entire interview surrounded around Brown and Brown management trying to guage if I'd stay long term or consider moving.

There were also your standard questions around how'd I'd handle various client situations and my knowledge of the insurance market. If you know your stuff you'll have no problem. My office was even known for hiring on personality/skill sets alone and teaching the insurance side. If you can demonstrate that you are an organized individual during the interview process you should do well. Being organized is one of the largest characteristics I tribute to being successful in this business.

Interview Questions

• My boss likes to ask you to try and sell a Pen.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Syracuse, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a great experience. Interviewed with several department managers and producers. Started early in the day and lasted till lunch time. Very fast paced work culture driven by self starters and people who are motivated to succeed. Overall a great learning experience that will hopefully lead to a career in the near future.

Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Florham Park, NJ) in November 2008.

Interview

The company hiring process was like none I've ever seen. There was a standardized personality test which is designed to determine how hard of a worker the applicant is and how well they deal with rejection - as sales positions tend to offer alot.

The interview consisted of a 2:1 meeting with the Vice President and President of the office. They are friendly and personable, and ask simple questions, like: Why did you pick insurance. The company is attempting to bring in a wave of young/new sales people, so there is not a significant amount of experience required.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate the salary - which was a mistake. I didn't know what a good salary was for the position and thought I had a good deal. This is a sales based organization, everyone is there because they want to make more money. I would highly suggest asking for $45k-$50k. Fifty is on the high side, but depending on the day, you may get it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conshohocken, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Conshohocken, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

It started off as an email asking me to come in. A week later I came in and sat down with 2 of the producers. I was asked to come back for a final interview with 3 other candidates. During this final round we all went around meeting everyone within the office. They all had their chance to ask us any questions they had for us.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview

The first thing they do ask you to do is fill out an application once you arrive.
    After they take you into a conference room to interview you.
    From there I spoke to 2 people.
    It was very easy going , and simple. It was more like a conversation than an interview.