Brown & Brown Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 15, 2017

2.5

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Daytona Beach, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Horrible- Went through 4 interviews in approximately 3 hours, everyone in that building is very stuck up. They try and make you feel stupid- they think they have the best job in the world and want you to know that (they are very cocky). I'm so glad I DID NOT take a job here.

Interview Questions

• They asked me "do you like to drink/party" REAL professional, right?
      "Why do you want to work here"
      "What's your dream job"
      "Why should we hire you"
      "I don't think you want to work here, I think you just want a job. So tell me why you want to work here" You have to be very persuasive.
      The list goes on and on… Just know how to hold your head high, as they will try and put you down.
      Answer Question

Employee Benefits Executive Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Lafayette, LA) in January 2013.

Interview

I got an opportunity to interview through a friend who pulled some strings. They first had me take a skills/personality test online. First interview was in the office with manager and director. Second was at lunch with them and the only other executive producer. They called to offer me the position about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would excel at selling employee Benefits to other businesses?   1 Answer

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Daytona Beach, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

Long and thorough. There were two days of the interviewing process. The first day was quick and painless where I spoke to one individual, and it seemed more of a screening interview to make sure I was coming off as professional as my resume did. The second day was much more intense and took up about half of the day (apx 4 hours long) where I interviewed with several different teammates including producers manager, and even regional presidents. All in all it was not a difficult process, but be prepared for a long day of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult experience that you have gone through and how you were able to overcome the adversity   1 Answer

Certificate Person Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Rocklin, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, person to person and a third group interview the phone interview was the hardest. Took them forever to call me in for the third interview. I don't know how many other applicants they had

Customer Service Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Daytona Beach, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

Long, however I met with several managers and they were very nice. Once interview was complete I was shown around the office and escorted out of the building and was told I would be hearing from someone shortly.

Insurance Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Syracuse, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a great experience. Interviewed with several department managers and producers. Started early in the day and lasted till lunch time. Very fast paced work culture driven by self starters and people who are motivated to succeed. Overall a great learning experience that will hopefully lead to a career in the near future.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in October 2013.

Interview

The whole hiring process took several months. I interviewed with every department head. They took their precious time, but I think that since every profit center is independent (for the most part) they wanted to make sure I was a good fit for them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate very much, but recieved terms that were agreeable in the first place.

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Dallas, TX).

Interview

very basic,, 2 managers double up on you, not that difficult overall.. The company does not seem to hire talent. They just need to fill spots. Go elsewhere to interview for a job. You won't be trained here.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Whoa... Where do I start? This office was one of the most inept I've ever seen. My friend who works there gave me a referral so I applied for the Account Manager role. I received a call several weeks later and we could did a phone interview. That lasted for about an hour and was later scheduled for an in person interview. The office rescheduled the date and time of the in person interview several times. Apparently there were several conflicting meetings and they had a hard time figuring out when would be a good time. Once I came in for the interview 2 people interviewed me. There after they asked me to take a short technical test on situational insurance incidences and terms. I was told by my friend that this test would not be given if they did not think you were a good fit, so I thought things were going good. I was told that they would personally review the test with me right after I finished it, but never did. One of the organizations reps was clearly inexperienced. I was sent home and told that I would received a phone call the next day to go over the results. Apparently the person who would have gone over the results with me was called away??? I never heard back from anyone. The interview process was sloppy and unprofessional. I'm glad I didn't receive a call back from these people. I would never want to work for an organization such as this.

Interview Questions

• • Why are you interested in this position?
      • Is there anything about the duties that look like they would be challenging to you?
      • How do you provide good customer service?
      • What would your past managers say about you? Do you have a good relationship with them?
      • Why do you want to work here?
      • Talk about your work history.
      • Why are you looking to leave your current position?
      • What computer programs have you worked on?
      • What’s your weakness?
      • What are your future career plans?
      • Why should we hire you?
      Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Daytona Beach, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

At the time of my interest, there was no open position. They hire based on cultural fit so I was in contact with the director for about 6 months. Actual hiring time was about a month or two. Interviewed with 3 directors and 1 senior leader. I filled out an application in September 2015 and was hired in March 2016.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly conversational about my background and strengths. Never felt interrogated and usually lasted about 1 hour.   Answer Question