Brown & Brown Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brown & Brown Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2017

2.5

Interview

In was very situation based. They want to make sure you have the intentions of becoming a CSR or Broker within two years. They are looking to see if you are prime candidate to be molded into their type of an employee which will make you successful. The personality test that they make you take will be a big factor.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you attempted something, but failed.   Answer Question

Claims Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (San Diego, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Submitted my resume online and they called me in a couple of days.
    They scheduled me at 6pm bar. ! Wth? By the time my name was called,the interviewers were exhausted. Barely asked me any questions and they didn't seem very interested at all with what they were doing. Maybe its cause it was scheduled at 6pm! Also they didn't have the decency to inform me formally through email or letter that I did not get job.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview

I met with a total of three people and the interview process took about an hour. A lot of questions were put forth on both sides but the interview was generally relaxed and positive. I felt very good about the organization at that point.

Interview Questions

• Would my former employers re-hire me?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was pretty much take it or leave it but it was a fair offer

Business to Business Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Newport Beach, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

The interviewing format is very informal. The interviewer will have you answer a few questions about your resume and may have you talk about some past experiences. If you are interviewing for a sales position, it is likely that you will be placed in a data-entry administrative-role for a couple of years before ever doing any sales.

Interview Questions

• If they like you, they may play a game where the interviewer may make you believe that they are not sure about hiring you. The interviewer will then talk to you about your salary history, and try to low ball you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation was a unethical. You are guaranteed an hourly wage with a promise that your salary will be increased after "training." That training can go on and on and on for a long time. Shortly after I was hired, I left this employer.

Accounting Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview

Interview process is very simple for accounting because the company needs so many of them. They are constantly making new acquisitions and piling the work onto the current accountants. very easy process it was basically two stages and each stage was with the senior management. They basically want to see if your personality fits the company. They do not even ask a great deal of accounting questions because they base your skills of your resume.

Interview Questions

• The typical mumbo jumbo... example: what are your strength and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Pay was subpar

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Houston, TX).

Interview

My first meeting with the company was a casual meet and greet because I knew someone who knew someone who worked there. At that time the company did not have a position available for me. They advised that they would hold onto my resume and call as soon as something opened up they would call. About a year later I received a call from the PCL and we met up for lunch. After my initial meeting I was asked into the office to meet with the department manager. Then my final meeting consisted of a knowledge test and then a visit with the person with whom I would be replacing. Within 24 hours I was contacted by the PCL with an offer.

Interview Questions

• I don't feel as though there were any difficult questions. I believe I was the one who asked more questions about the company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no real room to negotiate. I believe I was offered the most for the position.

Employee Benefits Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Tampa, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

It was fairly easy. Phone interview first and then an Interview in person. General Interview questions...pretty casual. Sat with two of the department heads and they asked questions about my experience and what I had to bring to the table. Received a call back within two days and started two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Where did I see myself in 2 years.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Nashville, TN) in January 2011.

Interview

My company was bought out by Brown and Brown. There was not interview process we were just moved to the new company. If we did not sign a non-compete the day the transaction took place we were escourted out of the building.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview

Very easy process with your typical interview questions. Didn't feel like an interrogation at all. They explained the position well. The pay was too low for me to accept an offer

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Bartlesville, OK) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was basic. Asked about general experience, although I was hired and I had no prior experience. Most employees are hired as temporary employees who are either given permanent status at three months or are fired. Pretty easy interview process. The company did not require multiple interviews, but only interviewed me one time before offering me the position. I did have excellent references which may have helped.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary was negotiable and I should have researched what others were making prior to accepting my current position. I could have done better when planning for this.