Brown & Brown Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 15, 2017

2.5

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Dallas, TX).

Interview

very basic,, 2 managers double up on you, not that difficult overall.. The company does not seem to hire talent. They just need to fill spots. Go elsewhere to interview for a job. You won't be trained here.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Whoa... Where do I start? This office was one of the most inept I've ever seen. My friend who works there gave me a referral so I applied for the Account Manager role. I received a call several weeks later and we could did a phone interview. That lasted for about an hour and was later scheduled for an in person interview. The office rescheduled the date and time of the in person interview several times. Apparently there were several conflicting meetings and they had a hard time figuring out when would be a good time. Once I came in for the interview 2 people interviewed me. There after they asked me to take a short technical test on situational insurance incidences and terms. I was told by my friend that this test would not be given if they did not think you were a good fit, so I thought things were going good. I was told that they would personally review the test with me right after I finished it, but never did. One of the organizations reps was clearly inexperienced. I was sent home and told that I would received a phone call the next day to go over the results. Apparently the person who would have gone over the results with me was called away??? I never heard back from anyone. The interview process was sloppy and unprofessional. I'm glad I didn't receive a call back from these people. I would never want to work for an organization such as this.

Interview Questions

• • Why are you interested in this position?
      • Is there anything about the duties that look like they would be challenging to you?
      • How do you provide good customer service?
      • What would your past managers say about you? Do you have a good relationship with them?
      • Why do you want to work here?
      • Talk about your work history.
      • Why are you looking to leave your current position?
      • What computer programs have you worked on?
      • What’s your weakness?
      • What are your future career plans?
      • Why should we hire you?
      Answer Question

Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Interview scheduled within the next few days. Interview took about half an hour. It wasn't too difficult, it started off with the manager detailing how a Managing General Agent operates. Then asks you about your prior experience. Easy stuff. Didn't have to prepare much to get the job.

Employee Benefits Executive Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Lafayette, LA) in January 2013.

Interview

I got an opportunity to interview through a friend who pulled some strings. They first had me take a skills/personality test online. First interview was in the office with manager and director. Second was at lunch with them and the only other executive producer. They called to offer me the position about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would excel at selling employee Benefits to other businesses?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Roseland, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

3 people interview you, if you move on, you'll interview with one person, if given the okay you'll interview with one more person, there you will pretty much be hired, just have to wait for the job offer. I received an offer, but they retracted it 2 days later without giving a valid reason

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Daytona Beach, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

At the time of my interest, there was no open position. They hire based on cultural fit so I was in contact with the director for about 6 months. Actual hiring time was about a month or two. Interviewed with 3 directors and 1 senior leader. I filled out an application in September 2015 and was hired in March 2016.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly conversational about my background and strengths. Never felt interrogated and usually lasted about 1 hour.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Washington, DC).

Interview

Several interviews asking me the same questions and talking mainly about themselves. I felt like they cared more about what I looked like than what I knew about and wanted me to know everything about them and I don't mean about work, I mean about their personal life. The woman who talked to me bragged about her life nonstop.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Daytona Beach, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone screening followed by three on-site interviews with the vice president, a department manager and the department head. Each interview lasted about one hour. The environment and dress code is business formal.

Interview Questions

• Situational question related to workplace investigations.   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Houston, TX).

Interview

For any position in this Houston agency, they will "test" on your benefits knowledge. As long as you dress professionally and bring a portfolio for notes then you'll be fine. Bottom line is that they don't care about your experience because they will train anyone

Interview Questions

• What's your strengths?   1 Answer
    • How have you handled a situation in which you didn't know the answer but needed to respond to the client?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview

Multiple interviews with different personnel at different offices. Pleasant experience. Willing to provide honest information about the company and the operations of the organization as a whole as well as the local offices.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle office rhetoric among co-workers?   Answer Question