Brown & Brown Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 20, 2017

2.4

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Coral, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Cape Coral, FL).

Interview

Omnia profile determines if you move forward, but you never find out how you did on the profile.

They want a youth based culture so they can pay less, use them for referrals & contacts & then fire them.

Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Daytona Beach, FL).

Interview

I was called and asked if I could interview the following day so I did. I met with the manager of the department and then after talking for a while he walked me to HR and I spoke with her. I then went back to the hiring manager who offered me a job on the spot and I started the next day.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Met recruiter at a insurance conference, interviewed on the spot. Later had another interview face to face at a local coffee shop. Both interviewers were very friendly and professional and seem to care about your development. The second interview was very laid back to kind of get to know me and what positions would be a good fit.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview was very laid back. Brought in multiple members of the team all asking similar questions. Just want to know you are hard working and if you fit into the culture.

Account Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview

I emailed my resume to an HR email and got a reply back from the department lead asking for an interview a week after. I went in for the interview and spoke with the department lead, and office manager. I was offered a position a week later.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Typical interview process that started with a phone interview, than a face to face with operations and VP of Sales. Company culture is suspect at best. The company actually has a prop made to look like piece of stone Egyptian hieroglyphics that reads "Your Butt is on the Line all of the Time." I get they want hunters and determined individuals however this may have worked 30 years ago but it is outdated and confrontational. I stopped the process and would suggest going elsewhere. They also asked illegal questions such as what my wife does for a living and where she works. Unprofessional with high turnover, company needs a top down change. If not I could not see this company competing in the near future.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Phila, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Hour long conference phone interview. Shortly after the phone interview I received an email asking me to come in for a meet & greet, I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your career and/or personal financial goals?   Answer Question

Insurance Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conshohocken, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Conshohocken, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

It started off as an email asking me to come in. A week later I came in and sat down with 2 of the producers. I was asked to come back for a final interview with 3 other candidates. During this final round we all went around meeting everyone within the office. They all had their chance to ask us any questions they had for us.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Whoa... Where do I start? This office was one of the most inept I've ever seen. My friend who works there gave me a referral so I applied for the Account Manager role. I received a call several weeks later and we could did a phone interview. That lasted for about an hour and was later scheduled for an in person interview. The office rescheduled the date and time of the in person interview several times. Apparently there were several conflicting meetings and they had a hard time figuring out when would be a good time. Once I came in for the interview 2 people interviewed me. There after they asked me to take a short technical test on situational insurance incidences and terms. I was told by my friend that this test would not be given if they did not think you were a good fit, so I thought things were going good. I was told that they would personally review the test with me right after I finished it, but never did. One of the organizations reps was clearly inexperienced. I was sent home and told that I would received a phone call the next day to go over the results. Apparently the person who would have gone over the results with me was called away??? I never heard back from anyone. The interview process was sloppy and unprofessional. I'm glad I didn't receive a call back from these people. I would never want to work for an organization such as this.

Interview Questions

• • Why are you interested in this position?
      • Is there anything about the duties that look like they would be challenging to you?
      • How do you provide good customer service?
      • What would your past managers say about you? Do you have a good relationship with them?
      • Why do you want to work here?
      • Talk about your work history.
      • Why are you looking to leave your current position?
      • What computer programs have you worked on?
      • What’s your weakness?
      • What are your future career plans?
      • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Interview scheduled within the next few days. Interview took about half an hour. It wasn't too difficult, it started off with the manager detailing how a Managing General Agent operates. Then asks you about your prior experience. Easy stuff. Didn't have to prepare much to get the job.