Brown & Brown Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brown & Brown Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2017

2.5

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview

Typical interview with those associated with the position. I sent the usual "thank you for your time" email and got no response. After two weeks and two follow up emails I was told they were impressed and the next step would be a near future HR meeting. A week went by and silence. I sent a third email to which I was told the position was filled. Completely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview

I submitted my resume online through monster.com and received an email from the hiring manager the following day to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview itself lasted about 30 minutes and was used more as an opportunity for them to ask specific questions about my resume and why I interested in the position. As the call was wrapping up the interviewer invited me to come in for an in-person interview. The in-person interview was with the profit center president and a manager and was scheduled within a week of the phone interview. I received a job offer 3 days later and had 3 days to respond. The offer was contingent on a full background check and credit check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They did not budge from their offered rate.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Daytona Beach, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone screening followed by three on-site interviews with the vice president, a department manager and the department head. Each interview lasted about one hour. The environment and dress code is business formal.

Interview Questions

• Situational question related to workplace investigations.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview

Very easy process with your typical interview questions. Didn't feel like an interrogation at all. They explained the position well. The pay was too low for me to accept an offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Orange, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

It went very well. Interviewed with Account Executive/Producer. They felt another candidate that was more familiar on the broker side vs carrier side was a better candidate. Less training for their staff.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Daytona Beach, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

At the time of my interest, there was no open position. They hire based on cultural fit so I was in contact with the director for about 6 months. Actual hiring time was about a month or two. Interviewed with 3 directors and 1 senior leader. I filled out an application in September 2015 and was hired in March 2016.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly conversational about my background and strengths. Never felt interrogated and usually lasted about 1 hour.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview

Applied through school career center. Got a call for an interview a couple of weeks later. After the interview I waited another couple of weeks where I received a call saying that I was accepted for the position. The interview was fairly easy, they mostly asked behavioral questions. Nothing difficult. They do ask about your excel skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Roseland, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

Their interview process was not welcoming. It was rushed and unstructured as if they had filled the position prior to my arrival, Waste of Time. Believe the Glassdor Reviews they will save you "Time, Money and Gas".

Interview Questions

• No Structured "Intelligent" Structured interview questions. Questions were posed as tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

E-learning Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Carmel, IN) in August 2015.

Interview

Had one in-person interview in an older looking building and was told it was one of the nicer buildings in the company. I met with 2 people one of which was the VP of the company. He seemed like a very old-school sales person type and went off on some off topic tangents. I got the impression that they weren't big on hiring millennials.

Interview Questions

• Was asked if I would be opposed to taking insurance sales classes for the e-learning specialist position.   Answer Question

ELearning Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

I submitted a resume on Indeed.com and was contacted fairly quickly. There was a lengthy phone interview with the Learning Development Manager. About a week later she scheduled an in person interview with herself and her manager. I received an offer two days later. In all the process took about five weeks.

Interview Questions

• Typical eLearning questions about methodology and process. Also asked about specific eLearning software and LMS experience.   Answer Question