Brown and Caldwell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Brown and Caldwell

2.7

Computer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brown and Caldwell (Walnut Creek, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

My former manager (while I was there) asked great questions starting with "describe to me how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich". It was to see how you explain things to another. Each person has their way of making the sandwich, so no answer was right nor wrong.

There were five people on the phone and two in the room with me. Each asked questions from simplest to most difficult. They even tried to trip me up once or twice.

The hiring manager at that time knew exactly what she was looking in an employee and asked the right questions.

Interview Questions

• describe to me how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich   1 Answer

Corporate Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Brown and Caldwell (Walnut Creek, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

This company utilizes internal company recruiters, so preliminary screening is performed through them. If you make it past the initial process you will be contacted again by a recruiter for further phone interviews, in-person interviews, and meeting other department staff. They don't move fast, so plan on a minimum of 6 months or longer to get through the process.

Interview Questions

• Depends on position applied.   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Brown and Caldwell in September 2018.

Interview

Phone screen by HR recruiter, three separate phone interviews with IT staff, multiple phone interviews with hiring manager, on-site interview with hiring manager and staff.

Biggest gripe was the hiring manager didn't apparently listen to what I said and had zero emotional intelligence. Perhaps he had memory issues. He clearly valued his time but not mine.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would solve a problem.
      What's you biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Brown and Caldwell (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone call from the Seattle office HR department. Phone interview was very comfortable. They checked my references. Then sent me in for an on-site interview. Was very comfortable. I think I did a good job. I have not heard back from them yet. Very nice people. Salt Lake City office

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Brown and Caldwell (Sacramento, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

4 interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

salary and vacation

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown and Caldwell.

Interview

Interview process was very lengthy and intensive. Phone interviews and face to face interviews in multiple offices with multiple employees: administration, supervisors and team members. Each office interview lasted 3-4 hours.

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown and Caldwell (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I did a phone interview with a recruiting manager, then I was called to come in for an interview. I interviewed with four engineers and they each asked a different set of questions (technical, behavioral, etc.)

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult experience you had with a coworker and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Staff Geologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown and Caldwell (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

Quick yet thorough. I applied online and received an email from a recruiter approximately two weeks later. There were three interviews: a phone interview with the recruiter, another phone interview with the principal geologist, and a final in-person interview with the project managers and engineers. The process was fairly rapid. The staff were very kind and relaxed, which made the interview less stressful.

Interview Questions

• How have you applied your coursework to your previously assigned positions?   Answer Question

Environmental Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brown and Caldwell.

Interview

Met with several staff members. Questions were non technical and overall the atmosphere was professional and casual. Staff was knowledgeable and were able to answer any and all questions. We shared stories and talked about the future.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to earn the trust of someone and how did you go about it.   Answer Question

Environmental Engineer Interview

Interview

Pretty straight forward, no technical questions during the phone interview. The overall process was very quick.
    The recruiter was really friendly, and the follow up after the interview was fast.