Brown and Caldwell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brown and Caldwell Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2017

2.7

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown and Caldwell.

Interview

Interview process was very lengthy and intensive. Phone interviews and face to face interviews in multiple offices with multiple employees: administration, supervisors and team members. Each office interview lasted 3-4 hours.

Storm Water Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Brown and Caldwell.

Interview

After submitting my application material I was quickly contacted to set up a phone interview with a recruiter. The phone interview was approximately 20 minutes long and consisted of questions regarding my qualifications. Approximately 3 weeks later I went to the local office for an in-person interview (~ 1 hour) with the hiring manager and 2 other engineers. The in-person interview focused mainly on behavioral scenarios. After another 9 weeks, I was told by HR that the office decided to go with an internal hire.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with various modeling programs (HEC-RAS, SWMM, etc.).   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in working for Brown and Caldwell?   Answer Question
    • Describe an instance where you encountered conflict and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Proposal Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Brown and Caldwell (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

the manager criticized my resume and made me feel that I was inadequate, there was a phone screen from the Recruiter and then the hiring manager. They wanted me to come in for a face to face interview.

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brown and Caldwell (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

Fairly easy and basic phone interview, "talk about yourself and interests" and clarification of resume if needed followed by in-person interview with 2 Senior engineers. Routine interview process given it was an entry level position.

Interview Questions

• How you think you qualify for the position and strengths and weaknesses for the position   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brown and Caldwell.

Interview

I submitted an application online and was offered a phone interview. It was with the hiring manager and a senior engineer. It was very casual and simple. They said they had a few more phone interviews and would select from those candidates who would move on for an in-person interview.

Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown and Caldwell.

Interview

I submitted my resume through website, was called back by HR for a phone interview two weeks later. Discussed projects and scope of work at Charlotte office with manager for approx. 30 minutes with few questions asked. Called for an in-person interview two weeks later. I met one of his colleague in my area for face to face interview. It was easy and comfortable.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown and Caldwell in June 2015.

Interview

Great people with a genuine like and respect for the company. Good discussions regarding culture, benefits and roles and responsibilities of the position. They have a well thought out business plan and strategic plan that should be discussed.

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown and Caldwell (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a response about a month later. The first part of the interview, which took about 30 minutes, was over the phone with a HR representative. The questions asked were basic and aimed at getting a feel for why you are applying for the job and if you are a good fit for the position (no technical questions).

About two days later I was informed that the hiring managers wanted a face-to-face interview. This was a panel interview and consisted of two groups (two people per group) of upper management/engineers who each had about 50 minutes to ask questions, with a overlap of about 5 minutes where all four were present. This was mentally draining, but not necessarily hard. My feel for the process was that they really wanted to make sure I am good fit for the company/culture and that my skills/goals are aligned with the position/organization.

Overall this was a great experience, as much as an interview can be. Very responsive in terms of communication and letting you know where you stand, they didn't make me wait more than a few days for the results of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?
      Why are you applying for this position?
      Why did you want to work for Brown and Caldwell?
      How do your skills align with that of the position?
      Do you have any questions for us?

- Also asked to talk about:
           - current internship and school projects
           - how you manage conflict and disagreements etc.
      1 Answer

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brown and Caldwell (Memphis, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

Multiple rounds of phone interviews, followed by in person with a panel of 4-5 employees from the office. Then a one on one with HR from the office. Overall, it was rather distant and unorganized, as everything must be routed through HR in Colorado. The interview itself seemed needlessly awkward and complicated. A one on one, or series of one on ones, would have been more effective. It was unnecessary to have multiple people in the interview when only 1-2 actually contributed to the conversation.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself fitting in to this company? What kind of relative experience do you have?   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brown and Caldwell in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview from a HR. They said firstly is the phone interview and then is the interview with the engineer.
    Finally is the onsite talk. After that, they provide the offer.