Brown & Gay Engineers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Gay Engineers (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Met HR at a career fair. Follow up call about a month later. Interview with director days later. Currently waiting on a call back. Director told me about how many others were in the running. Was told I should hear back within a week.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brown & Gay Engineers (Houston, TX).

Interview

Relatively easy interview. Make sure you know about the company and that you have a lot of questions to ask. The interviewers were easy going and outlined the duties of the position clearly.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in companies that you want to work at?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brown & Gay Engineers (Houston, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I interviewed through Skype. It was an easy, laid back interview. Almost like a conversation between all of us rather than the traditional "question and answer". Seems like a company anyone would be lucky to work at.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brown & Gay Engineers (Austin, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by their Austin office almost 2 months after speaking to the at an Engineering Expo at the UT Austin campus. The interview was set up over the phone and I was told that I would be interviewing with X and Y land development engineers, but to ask for X engineer, or the secretary, when I arrive. I arrive for the interview 10 minutes early, but find that there is nobody at the reception desk to inform of my arrival. About a minute later a gentleman asks me if he can help me, I tell him that I have an interview scheduled at 9 with X engineer, he tells me that he will inform them and to just take a seat. A couple minutes later someone else comes to inform me that X engineer isn't in the office this morning, but that I will be interviewing with Z engineer instead. Z engineer comes and introduces himself and I can tell right off the bat that this gentleman has conducted very few or no 1-1 interviews before. He was not prepared, possibly not his fault, and it showed in his approach to the interview as I was essentially interviewing him versus the other way around. He asked probably 4 surface level questions total in the approximately 40 minutes of talking, the rest of the dialogue was provided by me, trying to bring any life to the interview. After the talking, he then showed me around the office, where I meet Y engineer, one of the original people I was set up to be interviewed with. At this point I am really frustrated as I felt it was extremely unprofessional on almost every level, after the tour Z engineer shows me out and that was the conclusion of the process. Overall, it was a terrible experience and unprofessional on the part of BGE, I expected more from such a firm and the entire ordeal turned me off to them as a company.

Intern Interview

Interview

I interviewed at their office in Houston. The HR recruiter was very kind and asked me a few questions about why I was interested in the position before bringing in a couple of people from one of their departments to talk to me. Overall, the interview was pretty laid back and they were very easygoing. I am not sure if there were additional more difficult interview rounds after that for other candidates because I was not selected. From start to finish, it took about 50 minutes.

Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Gay Engineers (Houston, TX) in August 2018.

Interview

Roughly 1 month - 2 month process. Came into the office twice. Everyone was ridiculously nice. The interview itself was more of a discussion. They asked about experience, but more than anything they want to see what type of person you are and how you would fit in with the team.

Interview Questions

• A discussion based interview! They asked how I was, about my experience, etc.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Gay Engineers (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Recruiter --> HR --> Director --> CEO & Vice President; overall had 3 phone interviews and flew me into town for in-person interview. Felt like they really took the time to hire the right employees.

Negotiation

negotiated more up-front signing bonus vs. end of year guranteed bonus to assist with moving expenses

Engineer-In-Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Gay Engineers (San Antonio, TX) in June 2018.

Interview

Contacted by HR to setup Skype interview with hiring managers. A week after in interviewed with both. The mainly asked about what sparked my interest in switching jobs to the private side and we also talked a lot about projects since I came from a municipality. After that I got an invitation to the San Antonio office for an in person: i talked with the hiring managers plus a couple of EITs that worked in that office. The treatment in general was very good until i got ghosted by the hiring committee chairman who ignored my many requests to know if I still was under consideration. No response ever, i still never officially received anything from them and i think it is very inconsiderate from them. I had to close it myself after a month

Interview Questions

• What is your unique skill that will be of most value to the company?   1 Answer

Transportation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Gay Engineers (Houston, TX).

Interview

HR contacted via email setting up interview. Interviewed in conference room with 1 project manager and 2 professional engineers. They were all in the department that I was interviewing for. Very lax interview, went over the job description and tasks majority of time. Discussed a little bit on my resume and asked about previous internship experience. After the interview (which went well for me) they took me on a tour around the office (both floors). I was introduced to everyone as 'interviewee'. Very friendly environment. The following week I received a phone call from HR extending an offer.

Civil Engineer EIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Gay Engineers (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Met hiring manager at a career fair and was invited to interview next week on site. Fairly straight forward interview with head of department and two other senior engineers. Asked no technical questions just basic getting to know you type things. Took a long time (15 min) just telling me about the company and how it was structured.
    Upfront about how many people they were interviewing and the time frame for moving forward.
    Didn't ask for references, unsure if they only ask after picking finalists or if they knew right away I wouldn't be one.

On the negative side when I followed up a month later I was told the position was filled. I have no idea if they ever planned to inform me of this.